First call open (1/3): 1st of February 2017
First call deadline: 31st of March 2017
Number of available positions first call: 20
The ‘LEaDing Fellows Postdoc Programme’ is a Horizon2020 Marie Sklowdowska Curie COFUND programme and will provide 90 researchers from all over the world who recently obtained a PhD, with the opportunity to gain two years of work experience in the challenging, internationally acclaimed and multidisciplinary environment offered by Leiden University, Leiden University Medical Center, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus Medical Center and Delft University of Technology.
The aim is to provide opportunities for international, intersectoral and interdisciplinary research training, as well as transnational and cross-sectoral mobility, by offering open recruitment and attractive working conditions. Three calls with fixed deadlines will be opened, accommodating first 20, then 40 and finally 30 fellows.
Applicants can propose a project of their own choice, including a research proposal, a career development plan, a motivation letter, a CV and a support statement of his/her proposed supervisor in one of the universities or university medical centers of the program.
For more details see the Guide for Applicants on the LEaDing Fellows website (www.leadingfellows.eu).
Applicants have an opportunity to apply for a fellowship in research fields covered within the five institutions:
Leiden University Medical Center
Erasmus University Rotterdam
Erasmus Medical Center
Delft University of Technology
For an overview of all research fields consult the LEaDing Fellows website (www.leadingfellows.eu).
Fellows recruited will:
- have the opportunity to gain two years of work experience in the challenging, internationally acclaimed and multidisciplinary environment offered by the institutions;
- Fellows will be offered a full-time, fixed term employment contract for a period of 24 months at one of the institutions;
- Fellows can benefit from structured career development by:
- undertaking training (in both research and transferable skills);
- having the opportunity to undertake visits or internships at one of the four other LEaDing fellows partners or linked industry or non-academic partners;
- Fellows will benefit from Dutch employment conditions and remuneration will be according to the collective labour agreement (CAO) of the Dutch universities (CAO Nederlandse universiteiten) or the University Medical Centers (CAO Universitair Medische Centra). The annual gross salary will vary between 42.000-55.000 per year, depending on work experience.
Application, evaluation and selection
All information about the requirements for application and the evaluation criteria can be found in the Guide for Applicants at the LEaDing Fellows website.
Timetable first call
First call open: 1st of February 2017
Deadline first call: 31th of March 2017
Recruitment date (reference date eligibility): 1st of October 2017
Eligibility check: April 2017
Evaluation process: April- October 2017
Appointment fellows: between 1 November 2017 and 30 April 2020
Timetable for the remaining calls
Second call open: 1st of November 2017
Deadline second call: 31th of December 2017
Number of positions: 40
Appointment fellows: between 1 August 2018 and 31 January 2021
Third call open: 1st of August 2018
Deadline third call: 30th of September 2018
Number of positions: 30
Appointment fellows: between 1 May 2019 and 31 October 2021
For more information visit our website: www.leadingfellows.eu
Or, to obtain more information or to submit your application you can contact Leading Fellows via firstname.lastname@example.org
When inquiring or applying for these positions, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find postings of professor jobs, lecturer jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Leading Fellows and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.academiccareers.nl or www.AcademicCareers.com or www.universityjobs.nl