Human Resources Assistant Recruiter, Temporary (One or More Positions)
South Orange County Community College District
Job Close Date: 01/17/2017
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
Under direction from the Executive Director, Human Resources Employer/Employee Relations, performs a variety of duties involved in the recruitment and selection process; provides related administrative and clerical support to other Human Resources staff to address workload needs.
This is a temporary classification to meet high recruitment demands. Employees within this class are distinguished from the Human Resources Specialist in that the latter is an experienced classification that performs the full scope of duties on a regular basis and performs duties requiring independent judgment in the application of established personnel policies and procedures. Incumbents in this class will undergo training in recruitment and selection processes before being assigned to conduct a recruitment.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Principles and procedures of confidential record keeping and filing.
- District personnel policies and procedures.
- Principles of basic business letter writing and report preparation.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local codes, laws, and regulations pertaining to human resource employment operations and practices.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Perform a variety of technical and paraprofessional duties related to the human resource function.
- Screen and process employment applications and other related documents.
- Ensure proper completion and verify accuracy of various job application forms.
- Interpret and apply applicable federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Compile data and maintain records and files.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Equivalent to two years of college level course work in human resources, business administration or a related field.
Two years of general clerical and administrative experience that demonstrates the ability to work effectively with others. Experience in human resources or experience that demonstrates some knowledge of employment law is highly desirable.
A valid California driver’s license and proof of insurability is required to drive a district or personal vehicle to other locations, such as local high schools, to conduct work.
Please visit the District’s Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find postings of professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the South Orange County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com