Part-Time Engineering Instructor (Pool)
Position Summary Information
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Instructor. The teaching assignment may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an on-line/distance education format. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the Association of College Educators (ACE).
Work location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring salary range of $18,548-$22,029 per semester; and is based on academic achievement, teaching and related experience.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
- Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes preparation for in-class or on-line/distance education activities, evaluation of students' work, consultation with students outside of class and/or on-line, maintenance of currency in the subjects taught.
- Maintain accurate class and other records required by the college.
- Submit, when due, attendance rosters and grade reports.
- Follow course outlines as filed in the instruction offices.
- Maintain office hours each week, at .5 hours per week per section.
- Observe, support and enforce the regulations, policies and programs of the District and college.
- Provide each student with a written course syllabus at the beginning of the course, as per instructions in the Faculty Handbook.
- Refer students to appropriate college sources for information on counseling and other student services.
- Assist students by providing advice on requirements for successful achievement in the members' area of expertise.
- Work cooperatively within the college community.
- Foster an environment that protects academic freedom within the college community.
Foster a positive working environment that is free from harassment, prejudice and/or bias.
- Demonstrate a respect for the dignity of each individual.
1. Education - Possess any one of the following:
- Master's degree in any field of engineering; OR
- Bachelor's degree in any of the above AND master's degree in mathematics, physics, computer science, chemistry, or geology; OR
- Bachelor's degree in any field of engineering with a professional engineer's license; OR
- A valid California Community College Instructor's Credential in the discipline; OR
- The equivalent of the above.
2. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Strong background in engineering materials or materials science
- Coursework in Engineering Graphics
- Strong background in using computer tools
- Experience using Solidworks or other 3D modeling tool
- Knowledge of 3D printers
- Teaching experience in Engineering and related fields
- Coursework and/or experience in Engineering and related fields
- Manufacturing processes experience
- Experience with the design, implementation, or coordination of STEM-related projects or initiatives
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Selection Process
SELECTION PROCESS INFORMATION:
- Applications will be screened by appropriate department representatives on an as-needed basis. Qualified applicants who best meet the needs of the division will be contacted for an interview.
- Travel expenses to attend the interview are the responsibility of the candidate.
- Applications will remain in our online system for 1 year. Each year, part-time pools will be refreshed and applicants will be notified of the opportunity to re-submit application.
- Application materials become the property of the District and will not be returned or duplicated.
- The District reserves the right to contact former, current, the most recent employers, and others to investigate past employment records of applicants.
- Upon hire the successful candidate must provide the required documents of identity and authorization to work and attest he/she is authorized to work in the United States.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to employ a diverse workforce who will contribute to an inclusive and welcoming educational and employment environment. The District is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, physical disability, mental disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, language, accent, citizenship status, transgender status, parental status, marital status, economic status, veteran status, and medical condition consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find postings of professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the West Valley-Mission Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Description of and other job listings for West Valley-Mission Community College District