Human Resources Assistant
South Orange County Community College District
Closing Date: 01/20/2017
In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
Under supervision from the Director of Human Resources, performs specialized and routine clerical duties in support of human resource operations; provides clerical support related to staffing, recruitment, position classification, employee benefits and compensation; and assists applicants, community members, College and District staff in assigned area of responsibility.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping and filing.
- Principles and practices used to establish and maintain files and information retrieval systems.
- Methods and techniques of proper phone etiquette.
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, diplomacy, patience and courtesy.
- Learn and apply laws, regulations, policies, and procedures governing District staffing and human resources administration.
- Provide specialized clerical support for a variety of human resource functions.
- Perform a wide variety of clerical duties involving interpretation, application or modification of existing procedures.
- Provide proactive, customer-oriented human resources operation services to employees.
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Adapt to changing schedules and demands.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience Guidelines:
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
- Two years of general office experience.
Please visit the District’s Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find postings of professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the South Orange County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com