Director of Academic Advising and Assessment
(Director of Student Development)
Bluegrass Community & Technical College
Opportunity type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Salary Type: Exempt
The Director assists with the coordination of academic advising services for the institution and oversees assessment and the career development services in Student Development and Enrollment Management. The Director will supervise advisors and temporary employees and provide leadership to the Advising and Assessment Center at Leestown, Newtown, and regional campuses. The Director will provide leadership in initiating advising strategies for all students. The position will also support an inclusive environment, promote diversity, and support civility initiatives in accordance with the collegeís mission.
- Oversee advising and assessment at the Leestown and Newtown Campuses.
- Serve as unit supervisor in the absence of the Associate Dean of Student Development.
- Oversee the distribution and creation of advising resources (Advisor Notes, AA/AS curriculum sheets, Advisor Directors, etc.).
- Supervise staff housed at Leestown, Newtown, and regional campuses including recommendations on hiring, orientation, coaching, evaluation, and supporting professional development.
- Provide leadership in promoting and developing advising initiatives for transfer, readmitted students, and advising initiatives.
- Coordinate with the Associate VP of Retention and Student Success to assist with retention initiatives.
- Assist in developing advising and assessment policies and procedures.
- Participate in professional organizations and professional development.
- Assist with new student orientations.
- Advise continuing, new, transfer, and readmitted students. Perform degree audits as needed.
- Manages the unitís student leadership program.
- Oversees placement testing for new, readmit, and transfer students.
- Oversees and assists with career initiatives and special programs for targeted populations.
- Serve on committees as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
About Bluegrass Community and Technical College:
Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC) is a member college of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System. As one of the two largest colleges in our system, BCTC transfers more students to four-year universities than any other college in the state. It awards certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees in more than 40 career and technical programs with day, evening, and online classes serving more than 16,000 students annually at seven campuses. Customized workforce training serves more than 500 businesses annually. BCTC provides excellence in learning and service with caring, experienced professors, helpful staff, and excellent facilities and a focus on student success. The college sustains strong partnerships with our communities to improve economic vitality and quality of life in the region.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Master's degree and three years related experience, or equivalent.
- Commitment to the mission of the comprehensive community and technical college.
- Experience working in Student Development division in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Please Click Here to Apply
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Bluegrass Community & Technical College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Please Apply as Included Above
Description of and other job listings for Bluegrass Community and Technical College
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...