Program Facilitator (Educational Counselor) - Band 9
Bluegrass Community & Technical College
Assignment Period: 11-Month Term Contract
Opportunity type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Salary Type: Exempt
This position will work within the Education Opportunity Center to effectively reach adult participants and assist them in enrolling in post-secondary education institutions.
- Assist in participant recruitment, selection, and intake.
- Develop and monitor Individual Achievement Plans with participants.
- Provide individualized advising and counseling.
- Organize and conduct workshops, study groups, and other activities.
- Work cooperatively with college faculty, advisors, financial aid office, career counseling, transfer center, and other departments to coordinate services to EOC participants.
- Coordinate peer tutoring activities.
- Collect participant data to support program evaluation.
About Bluegrass Community and Technical College:
Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC) is a member college of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System. As one of the two largest colleges in our system, BCTC transfers more students to four-year universities than any other college in the state. It awards certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees in more than 40 career and technical programs with day, evening, and online classes serving more than 16,000 students annually at seven campuses. Customized workforce training serves more than 500 businesses annually. BCTC provides excellence in learning and service with caring, experienced professors, helpful staff, and excellent facilities and a focus on student success. The college sustains strong partnerships with our communities to improve economic vitality and quality of life in the region.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (Education, Counseling, or related field) and one year related experience, or equivalent.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- At least two years’ experience in college setting with focus on admissions, student support services, and financial aid.
- Bi-lingual is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with academic assessment, advising, and support.
- Understanding of financial aid options and procedures.
- Familiarity with career guidance and resources.
- Knowledge and understanding of special needs of disadvantaged individuals.
- Ability to relate well to economically disadvantaged individuals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience/training in providing individualized advising and counseling.
- Preference given to individuals who have succeeded in overcoming barriers similar to those confronting the project’s participants.
Please Click Here to Apply
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Bluegrass Community & Technical College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com