Executive Director, General Services
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 4/12/2017
The West Valley-Mission Community College District is seeking a talented leader to fill the position of Executive Director, General Services.
Comprised of two colleges, West Valley College and Mission College, we are located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate our two colleges for our friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and to plan, organize, direct, and review the activities and operations of the general services division including purchasing, pubic works bidding, risk management, contract administration, and shipping and receiving functions; to coordinate assigned activities with other divisions and outside agencies; and to provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Vice Chancellor.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of June 12, 2017. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a Classified Administrator and part of the Administrative employee unit.
Work Location: West Valley-Mission Community College District, located on the campus of West Valley College, Saratoga, CA.
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $102,876–$109,566 annually (Administrative Salary Schedule, Range 17, Steps A-C).
- Additional compensation: $1,500 for doctorate added to base salary annually, to be prorated on a monthly basis.
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 22 days vacation leave accrued annually (25 days after 5 years).
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Professional development and renewal leave.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, business administration, finance, or a related field.
3. Seven years of increasingly responsible experience in purchasing or risk management, including two years of administrative and management responsibility.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, plan, and implement division goals and objectives; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
- Coordinate division activities with those of other divisions, departments, and outside agencies and organizations; provide staff assistance to the Chancellor and Vice Chancellor; prepare and present staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
- Direct, oversee, and participate in the development of the division’s work plan; assign work activities, projects, and programs; monitor workflow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Supervise and participate in the development and administration of the general services budget; direct the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures.
- Select, train, motivate, and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; conduct performance evaluations; implement discipline procedures; maintain discipline and high standards necessary for the efficient and professional operation of the division.
- Manage the risk management function for the district including oversight of workers’ compensation management and insurance programs, acting as liaison with legal counsel, reviewing property and liability claims, tracking litigation, determining disposition and settlement of claims, and communicating with claimants.
- Interview vendors; analyze prices and market trends; prepare bid specifications and conduct bid openings; create, contract administration to include following all relevant laws, develop, maintain and reviewing all district contracts for final signature of Vice Chancellor.
- Manage the district’s warehouse function for receipt, issuance, storage and protection of all materials and equipment; establish warehousing and distribution standards and procedures.
- Manage, audit and issue district procurement cards; maintain and retain various records.
- Represent the division to outside groups and organizations; participate in outside community and professional groups and committees; provide technical assistance as necessary.
- Research and prepare technical and administrative reports and studies; prepare written correspondence as necessary.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the West Valley-Mission Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...