Otis College of Art and Design
Otis College of Art and Design is currently accepting applications for a Marketing Coordinator. The Marketing Coordinator administers and coordinates the operational details related to marketing functions and activities, as assigned, for the College or department. This is a 2-year FIXED-TERM position that will focus primarily on the marketing activities leading up to the College’s Centennial Celebration. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Communications and Marketing.
• Assists in the administration and coordination of the day-to-day marketing operations, details, activities, and other related functions for the College and department. Assists in implementing marketing goals, objectives, plans, and strategies. Assists with short and long term planning and design of marketing direction. Provides assistance to management with administrative functions such as organizing, coordinating, scheduling, and implementing marketing activities to meet objectives.
• Interfaces with faculty, staff, students, and/or external contacts to complete marketing assignments or to engage the College community in information exchange. Arranges and attends meetings, committee groups, seminars, and other events related to marketing efforts. Makes presentations, as needed. Resolves problems or questions referred by faculty, staff, administrators, and/or external contacts. Ensures that working groups and external contacts deliver project activities on time and on budget.
• Administers programs to promote awareness of College activities and events within the College community and/or to the general public using a variety of outreach methods such as direct mail, social media, advertising, community relations, promotional activities, special events, websites, etc.
• Coordinates design, production, and distribution of publications and other promotional materials, such as press releases, advertisements, catalogs, brochures, flyers, signage, A/V presentations, displays, exhibits, etc.
• Administers department marketing calendar, as assigned. Monitors schedules, production and distribution arrangements and other details to ensure timely completion and quality control of marketing activities and publications.
• Coordinates use of surveys and other market research instruments and analytics to collect appropriate information, as assigned. Generates graphs, charts, or tables and provides interpretation. Presents analysis and prepares reports and/or other documentation for management review. May provide pertinent data and projections for management to use in developing project or department budgets.
• Evaluates effectiveness of marketing schedules, activities, advertising, etc. Prepares status reports on marketing plans and progress. Recommends modifications of marketing activities and/or schedules as necessary to ensure achievement of project goals and objectives.
• Coordinates advertising placement and schedules.
• Coordinates appropriate use of College logos, colors, fonts, emblems, and indicia.
• Establishes and maintains contacts with internal and external marketing professionals and vendors such as artists, designers, photographers, mailing houses, postal service, list brokers, advertising representatives, media contacts, etc.
• Negotiates licenses and/or vendor contracts, as assigned.
• Coordinates work of contracted vendors, as assigned, and ensures timely delivery of goods and/or services.
• Administers marketing budget(s), as assigned.
• Writes and/or edits copy for department marketing projects such as publications, advertisements, press releases, announcements, etc., as assigned.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates must apply via Otis’ website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com