Assistant / Associate Professor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
University of San Francisco
The School of Management at the University of San Francisco seeks applicants for a tenure-track faculty position in entrepreneurship and innovation at the assistant or associate professor level.
The new faculty member will be a member of the Department of Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Strategy, and will be expected to:
- Teach and develop courses in entrepreneurial finance and/or entrepreneurial design, and other entrepreneurship and innovation related courses, at the undergraduate and graduate level. The new faculty member will have the opportunity to mentor students, and build new courses and programs that related to her/his expertise.
- Conduct meaningful research that leads to impactful publications in the discipline, with the opportunity to collaborate with others in the department, school and university.
- Serve our students, the university, the broader San Francisco-Silicon Valley Bay Area community, and the country in a meaningful way.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
About USF and the EIS Department: The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite students’ passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.”
USF has been recognized as a top 20 entrepreneurial research university (Forbes 2015). The USF EIS department faculty has published in leading academic and professional journals (e.g. AMJ, SMJ, ETP, MIR, CHQ, JHTMR, VCIJEF) as well as globally impactful books (e.g. Not for Sale) and research reports (e.g. Bloomberg: SVVCCI). Leveraging our San Francisco/Silicon Valley location, EIS faculty have engaged with the professional community and built programs in high-tech entrepreneurship, corporate innovation, social enterprises, and family business. The EIS faculty supports the undergraduate major and minor in entrepreneurship and innovation, the BSBA capstone classes, as well as the MBA emphasis in entrepreneurship and innovation, EMBA entrepreneurship, innovation, and strategy courses, and the Masters in Global Entrepreneurial Management, and plans to launch a new M.S. in Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Fall 2017. For more information on USF, please visit www.usfca.edu, and to learn more about the EIS faculty, please visit
Requirements: The candidate must have completed a doctorate by June 30, 2018 in Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Strategy, Information Technology, Finance, Design or a related field from an AACSB-accredited Business School. The candidate must demonstrate high potential for impactful research and innovative and effective teaching.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will also have:
- Successful experience teaching entrepreneurial finance and/or technology-enabled or applied design innovation courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Venture capital or design experience and scholarly research of the industry.
- Relevant entrepreneurial, business, or technology management experience and research in the field.
- High competence in entrepreneurial finance or the application of technology and design methods in support of entrepreneurial and innovative ventures.
- An interest and ability to build and maintain relationships with Silicon Valley organizations and a capacity to build and direct new programs in entrepreneurship and innovation.