Assistant Director for Technology and Operations
Requisition Number: STFR004016
Division/College: External Affairs
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The Assistant Director for Technology and Operations is a newly-created position within the division of External Affairs that will serve as the principal technology officer for the division. This position is critical to supporting an ever-growing portfolio of hardware and software assets, digital resources, business continuity infrastructure, and day-to-day technology operations and support. Additionally, this position will act as the primary administrator for space planning, construction, and facilities-based capital projects.
As the principal technology officer for the division, the Assistant Director for Technology and Operations will:
- Troubleshoot staff ITS problems/issues, while also providing technical advice, guidance and training.
- Manage system migrations, upgrades, maintenance and configurations of the division's hardware and software. The division presently encompasses approximately 200 pieces of equipment including but not limited to: Apple and Windows based desktops and laptops, scanners, printers, tablets, and mobile devices, office phones, and electronic door locks.
- Oversee the division's policies and procedures with regard to technology use, data security, and business continuity and for ensuring the organization's adherence with the university's policies in these areas.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and technology trends in order to effectively leverage opportunities in accordance with the vision and mission of the division and the university. Test new hardware and software, prior to deployment, to insure compatibility with the current suite of applications.
- Create and maintain a detailed inventory of all hardware and software assets deployed throughout the division inclusive of all documentation related to the purchase, repair, upgrade or disposition of such assets.
- Create and maintain a list of all third party subscription services in use by the division inclusive of: service provider, number of licenses, authorized user(s), credentialing and access control, and expiration/renewal milestones.
- Collaborate with staff and campus partners on technology projects. Establish strategic technology priorities, resource allocation, and reporting on project progress in a way that ensures success and adherence to industry-accepted practices.
- Establish, monitor and maintain the division's shared network, including file structure and nomenclature, user access and permissions, and backup services and schedules.
- Support the division's management/business information needs by constructing and producing the necessary scheduled and ad hoc reports.
- Coordinate with facilities and outside vendors to manage minor space renovations or facilities-related project; follow-up to ensure issues and projects are completed on budget and to specification.
- Interface with facilities and outside vendors with regard to minor renovations and follow up to ensure issues and projects are completed; such as configuring and preparing office and desk space for staff.
- Assist in the off boarding process by managing the space transition and ensuring that access privileges have been terminated.
- Oversee the maintenance of the division to ensure that work orders are submitted for issues that need to be resolved from HVAC issues to lighting and painting of office space and central areas.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational, multitasking, and communication skills, as well as the energy and intrinsic motivation to do whatís necessary to get the job done. This candidate will be charged with overseeing projects that impact the success of the division as well as maintain the security and welfare of its employees and visitors.
Great to have:
- A love for learning and relentless curiosity, a good sense of humor, appreciation of collaboration and autonomy and intrinsic desire to help others.
- 4-6 years of technical customer service experience within a higher educational environment as well as a Bachelorís degree in Computer Science or a related area.
- Programming experience in one or more languages.
- Service Now, A+, Mac and Microsoft product certifications.
- Warranty certifications in Dell, Apple and HP printers.
- The ability to deliver quality and timely customer service with a caring disposition.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and organizational skills, as well as a strong aptitude for problem solving, and must be able to work independently.
- A Bachelorís degree with 4 years of technical customer service experience.
- Demonstrated experience supporting connectivity, including: mobile devices, personal computers, Macintosh and Windows desktops and laptops; peripherals; Microsoft applications, Apple applications, Adobe applications, and other software applications for both personal productivity and collaboration.
- Fluency in mobile technology across all major devices and platforms, including: device setup and configuration, troubleshooting, integration with systems and networks.
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of Local Area Networks and networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP) and experience with LAN management is needed.
Information and Application Process Instructions
What stands us apart:
- We offer a highly competitive benefits package, including tuition waivers for that masterís degree or certificate youíve been thinking about.
- A selection of other current offerings includes medical, dental, and vision plans, generous retirement programs, discounts on technology products, health and fitness programs, ample paid time off, and professional development opportunities.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Northeastern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...