Public Relations Coordinator
Anne Arundel Community College
With learning as its central mission, Anne Arundel Community College has responded to the needs of a diverse community for more than 50 years by offering high quality, affordable and accessible learning opportunities. Established in 1961, AACC is a fully-accredited, public two-year institution that offers national and regional studies that can lead to a degree or certificate, industry credential, transfer to a four-year institution, or career enhancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning
Anne Arundel Community College’s Public Relations Coordinator has a passion for storytelling and social media with the proven ability to engage and strengthen relationships with key internal and external audiences (e.g. students, faculty, staff, alumni, community members, business and community partners, etc.). This position serves as the lead for developing, administering and evaluating the college’s social media presence across various platforms. In addition, this position is responsible for generating original content, and integrating content efforts in keeping with the college’s goals, vision and strategic plan. Working collaboratively with students and internal teams throughout the college, this position also develops and supports college-wide branding, initiatives and campaigns, including individual school and program objectives, as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Public Relations Team and internal partners to identify and prioritize college promotional and story opportunities. Craft strategies that include use of a variety of digital media.
- Collaborate with the Public Relations team to help develop and implement the college’s social media efforts; and collaborate with other department administrators to ensure ongoing, effective social media program. Work with outside vendors as needed.
- Ensure social media fits within emergency planning and communicates appropriate message(s). Serve as part of the college’s Emergency Response Team.
- Monitor social media and web for media stories or breaking news that affects college operations, mentions of the college and its key stakeholders, and feedback from students and community members. Alert and advise response for relevant college stakeholders. Participate in emergency response as needed.
- Create content (written copy, stories, photos and videos) for the college’s website, social media platforms and publications (e.g. Wingspan, President’s eZine, Bird’s Eye View, Assist individual schools and departments in creating social media strategies and setting up individual social media accounts in compliance with college social media standards. Provide appropriate training and support and monitor all accounts, cultivating strong relationships by providing targeted strategic counsel.
- Collaborate with the college's Information Services teams to ensure that all social media platforms are properly integrated with the college’s website and other related platforms for maximum efficiency and easier use.
- Track, collect, analyze and summarize data and prepare reports to evaluate results and effectiveness of social media and related communications; make recommendations for future adjustments/changes for greater effectiveness.
- Research and benchmark against best practices to continually refine and improve social media processes, strategies and results; regularly inform team members about online trends, techniques or technologies that are relevant to the college's public relations and marketing efforts.
- Attend a wide variety of college and student events and activities; take photos or short videos and conduct interviews to post on social media, website, etc.
- Serve as a backup in support of various public relations team activities, including special events, media monitoring services and the AACC News Roundup distributed weekly to the college community.
- Help manage the Public Relations areas of the college website and distribution of content produced by Public Relations throughout social media channels and the website.
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant Director or Executive Director.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in public relations, communications, journalism or related field
- A minimum of three (3) years of consistent professional experience in public relations, writing and social media or related experience
- Demonstrated understanding of how to make a story more engaging and visually appealing through tight, compelling copy; strong headlines; and photo and visual assets.
- Passion for continuously evolving social media environment.
- Proven experience with social media program and campaigns, including development and implementation of strategy and day-to-day tactics.
- Strong understanding of public relations strategies and tactics with a strong ethical platform.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven experience with visual storytelling, demonstrating strong photography and video skills and posting on appropriate social media channels.
- Excellent technical skills, including mobile and tablets; ability to learn and apply new technology innovations quickly.
- Strong research and analytical skills, including experience with Google Analytics, Facebook or other reporting sources; ability to identify trends and provide insights for development of social media strategy.
- Ability to collaborate with internal marketing and production teams, as well as outside vendors and freelancers.
- Outstanding client relationship and customer service skills; strong negotiation and problem-solving skills; strong collaborator.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with attention to details and deadlines; demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to prioritize projects.
- Willingness to attend college and community events outside of normal business hours.
- Working knowledge of media monitoring software preferred.
- Working knowledge and skills of online/digital marketing communications preferred.
Hours Per Week: 40
Work Schedule: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Information and Application Process Instructions
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Please apply online at: https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...