Assistant Professor - Foundations of Education
University of Dayton
The University of Dayton, Department of Teacher Education is seeking a dynamic faculty member with a specialization in Foundations of Education. This tenure-track, full-time position requires teaching three (3) courses per semester, beginning August 16, 2018.
The successful candidate will support undergraduate and graduate courses in Foundations of Education, including philosophy of education and contemporary perspectives on schools and schooling. The candidate will also produce scholarship relevant to the position and engage in service to the university and broader community.
- ABD toward Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Foundations of Education or Ph.D. in Philosophy, anticipated completion no later than December 7, 2018;
- Articulated knowledge of p-12 education in the United States;
- Demonstrated potential to be a recognized scholar in the field;
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Foundations of Education or a Ph.D. in Philosophy
- Additional perspectives in Foundations of Education, such as sociological, political, and/or historical;
- Demonstrated successful record of effective post-secondary teaching, including active
- Record of peer-reviewed scholarly activity;
- Record of engagement with students from diverse backgrounds;
- Demonstrated potential to integrate resources from the Catholic philosophical tradition into course development and instruction;
- Excellent oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
The University of Dayton, founded in 1850 by the Society of Mary, is a top ten Catholic research university. The University seeks outstanding, diverse faculty and staff who value its mission and share its commitment to academic excellence in teaching, research and artistic creativity, the development of the whole person, and leadership and service in the local and global community.
Interested persons should submit a letter of application addressing qualifications, accomplishments, and interest in the position; curriculum vitae; a document describing anticipated scholarly activity; if ABD, letter from adviser attesting to anticipated date of completion; contact information for three current professional references, and informal transcripts of all coursework. Applications must be submitted electronically to https://jobs.udayton.edu/postings/24698 Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until December 7, 2017.
To attain its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion and affirmative action and to equal opportunity policies and practices. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, we will not discriminate against minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
For more information about this position, contact Dr. Katie Kinnucan-Welsch, Chair of Foundations of Education Search Committee at email@example.com
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Dayton and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com