Director, Graduate Admissions
Summary of the Position
Under the oversight of the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Director of Graduate Admissions leads the recruitment and enrollment efforts for the university's graduate programs serving graduate domestic, international, and online students. Works closely in collaboration with Academic Affairs and with Marketing and Communications to inform the recruitment process and align marketing and enrollment strategies. Represents the Graduate Admissions office on various administrative committees and to various graduate program stakeholder groups.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience Requirements)
- Use best graduate recruitment and enrollment management practices to attract a talented and diverse pool of prospective graduate students. Endeavor to continuously enhance the graduate applicant experience. Establish, evaluate, and put into effect admissions policies consistent with industry best practices and competitive standards.
- Assess the recruitment team's sales strategies and coach recruiters through the pipeline development process. Join recruitment staff in the day-to-day enrollment and admissions efforts of the office including recruitment travel and representation of the university at professional conferences. Set and manage staff recruitment goals, priorities and timelines. Provide opportunities for staff development and manage Graduate Admissions office and recruitment budget.
- Implement effective practices in online admissions, document management, student relationship management and application review processes. Work proficiently with the Slate Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to monitor recruitment activities and pipeline and ensure timely admissions decisions in a largely paperless environment.
- In collaboration with the office of Business Intelligence and Enrollment Systems, collect, maintain, and analyze strategic graduate student metrics relating to recruitment, admissions, and enrollments. This includes conducting data analytics to inform recruitment goals and strategies and implement new techniques for increasing the university's success at recruiting and enrolling graduate students.
- Provide a strategic view of larger market forces and forecast trends in graduate education. Adeptly uses internal and external data sources to answer key questions and uses data to assist in effective goal-setting. Evaluate and manage external resources such as contractors, agents, and alumni volunteers.
- Articulate admissions policies to both internal and external constituencies. Participate on university-wide committees and engage others in enrollment initiatives. Create and nurture internal and external community and professional relationships. Collaborate with the university's leadership, academic, and student service divisions.
- Oversee processing and selection of non-need Graduate financial aid applicants for the graduate assistantship, research assistantship, and other scholarship programs. Create and execute scholarship strategies to drive the quality of the enrollments while monitoring impact on aid budget.
- Partner with the office of Marketing and Communications to define a strategic enrollment and marketing plan including setting lead targets for all graduate programs. Develop and maintain marketing materials and maximize lead generation and conversion efforts. Monitor and provide timely feedback on lead quality and coordinate appropriate changes to marketing sources and materials.
Master's degree and a minimum of eight to ten years of increasingly responsible leadership roles within admissions, marketing, or sales and customer relationship management.
Proven track record of implementing pipeline management best practices. Possesses creativity, strategic thinking, and agility to develop a long-term recruitment plan that yields a diverse student body that supports the university's goals, mission, and vision.
Successful track record leveraging technology in the recruitment process. Steeped in understanding of tools of enrollment and marketing for recruitment, admissions and yield of desired students. Proficiency with Technolutions Slate CRM or similar customer relationship management system is highly desired.
Excellent public speaking, strong writing skills, and effective communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships and to forge connections with multiple constituencies. Proven experience managing, mentoring, developing and inspiring staff.
Evidence collaborating and partnering with colleagues and building trust and credibility. Demonstrated tact, diplomacy, and discretion and appreciation for the values of higher education and sensitivity to the nuances of an academic culture.
Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted US driver's license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley's insurance carrier.
Knowledge of financial aid leveraging and experience deploying merit-based assistance at the graduate level.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Bentley University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com