Coordinator, Institutional Equity and Diversity
Anne Arundel Community College
Under the leadership of the Chief Diversity Officer, The Institutional Equity and Diversity Coordinator (IED Coordinator) will nurture collaborative and engaging relationships with both internal and external constituents to provide effective leadership in the coordination of all diversity-related training programs and initiatives. The person in this position will assist in creating a welcoming and supportive environment for students, faculty, staff, visitors and the community at large—regardless of cultural differences, beliefs, values, ethnicity, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities, gender identity, or religion. The IED Coordinator will formulate and deliver diversity and inclusion educational learning strategy to cultivate a climate of awareness, understanding, social justice and respect for diverse populations consistent with AACC’s mission, strategic priorities and diversity, inclusion and equity goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Design, implement and coordinate diversity and inclusion educational learning curriculum and experiences for faculty and staff.
Develop tiered, web-based and face to face learning experience at introductory, intermediate and advanced levels. To include signature diversity and inclusion professional development programs for managers and administrators.
Develop experiences to engage conversations and dialogue among faculty and staff to strengthen connectedness within the College.
Research and utilize evidence based, data driven approaches in the design of programs and initiatives.
Create and maintain a content library of training plans, learning materials and other related materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Community Engagement (30%):
- Engage AACC community in creating a welcoming and inclusive experience for students, faculty and staff.
- Collaborate with Student Services and Student Engagement to provide direct services to underrepresented populations aimed at increasing retention and completion.
- Collaborate and participate with campus groups and organizations related to diversity, equity and social justice.
- Provide guidance and support to campus organizations focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Working with the office administrative support position update the Diversity calendar for all on campus related events.
Program Development (40%):
- Develop, coordinate and implement programs and events that celebrate cultural diversity.
- Create education and cultural awareness programs.
- Evaluate and assess the effectiveness of diversity office sponsored programs and initiatives.
Training, Education and Leadership (25%)
- Organize and/or deliver workshops, presentations, learning modules and other activities that promote cultural competence, anti-bias and social justice.
- Train and support the growth of diversity office administrative support personnel in supporting programs and initiatives.
- Support Diversity Fellows
- Provide general supervision of graduate assistants, student employees, interns and volunteers who wish to work for the office.
General Duties (5%)
- Provide frontline support of office activities.
- Represent the college on various college committees and working groups as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution; plus 2 years’ experience in advancing diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Two years delivering training and leadership development in a professional environment.
Professional learning and performance or diversity practitioner certification.
Experience with adult learners.
Demonstrated ability to design and/or administer institutional diversity and education programs in a college environment.
Knowledge related to access, advocacy, retention, and mentorship of diverse populations.
Ability to be both colleague and a change agent who appropriately challenges inequitable structures, process, policies, and culture to bring about a meaningful change to promote social justice and equity.
Able to manage difficult conversations.
Excellent oral, active listening, writing, and presentation skills.
Three years fulltime experience in higher education
Hours Per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 9-5
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com