St. Lawrence University
St. Lawrence University seeks an Assistant Director for the Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) and the Ronald E. McNair Post-baccalaureate Achievement Program. Reporting to the CSTEP/McNair Director, the Assistant Director will assist with the recruitment of program-eligible students and provide direct support services to enhance student success. This is a grant-funded position and subject to the availability of funding.
Plan and execute activities designed to meet the priorities and requirements established for the McNair and CSTEP programs, including:
- Meet regularly with students in order to assist with educational and professional goal setting and to monitor student progress.
- Assist individual students to establish and implement long-term educational, professional, and career plans.
- Plan and provide workshops and seminars to promote student academic, financial, career, and personal success.
- Compile and distribute weekly program calendar notices.
- Maintain accurate records of student interactions, activity participation, and event attendance.
- Take responsibility for logistics involved with CSTEP Day of Service events, summer program, and Career Exploration Symposium.
- Collaborate with the Director to develop and implement McNair summer program including facilitate weekly seminar, housing, vehicle requests, poster printing, scholar portraits, student business cards, and classroom and facility scheduling.
- Compile final McNair summer research papers and organize for publication.
- Develop GRE and LSAT preparation plans with students and track student outcomes for use by the Director in grant reports.
- Research graduate opportunities and assist students to complete the graduate school application process, including reviewing all documentation to be submitted by the students.
- Maintain current resource lists for internship, research, and fellowship opportunities, graduate school funding and scholarship resources, and graduate school visitation programs.
- Regularly update webpage and other program promotion materials.
- Administer surveys and compile data to assess student-learning styles; coordinate program entry and exit surveys; and monitor student participation in and the effectiveness of individual program activities.
- Attend professional trainings and meetings to increase understanding of program priorities and requirements.
- Travel with students to conferences, graduate school visitation programs, and other program-related events.
- Masterís degree required in a STEM-related field, Education, or the Human Services area.
- Three years of direct work experience with undergraduate students within the contexts of student advising and development, counseling, or academic support services.
- Evidence of planning and providing training to students in such areas as goal setting, educational or career planning, the graduate application process, financial literacy, and standardized test preparation.
- Evidence of work experience with low income, first-generation college, and/or underrepresented students in an educational setting.
- A valid Driverís license.
- Must meet the requirements to drive a University vehicle and travel extensively with program students.
- Academic preparation in a STEM-related field.
- Evidence of ability to develop effective working relationships with faculty, campus officials, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience or familiarity with CSTEP and the McNair Scholars Program.
- Evidence of skills relative to social media strategies, website development, Microsoft Office programs, and project assessment.
- Persons coming from backgrounds similar to the target population are encouraged to apply
Information and Application Process Instructions
To view the complete job description, including minimum qualifications required, as well as application instructions please visit: https://employment.stlawu.edu/postings/1554.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit SLUís homepage at http://www.stlawu.edu/. St. Lawrence University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at St. Lawrence University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...