Nts Faculty Position - Professional Institute - Cybersecurity
University of Pittsburgh
The University of Pittsburgh School of Computing and Information is seeking leaders in the field of Cybersecurity to help launch a professional education program focused on providing working information professionals with cutting edge skills and knowledge in Information Security/Privacy and Enterprise Security Management.
A Full-time faculty position as Professor of Practice (Position #0136752) is available for experienced security professionals to design a curriculum that addresses the technological, policy, legal, ethical, and criminal aspects of protecting data, systems, networks, and organizations. The institute will appeal to those who need to enhance/update their skills and competencies in:
- Developing and securing enterprise and network systems
- Preventing vulnerabilities, addressing threats, and stopping attacks
- Penetration testing & incident response
- Risk analysis, management and mitigation
- Implementing secure e-commerce systems
- Security management & digital forensics
- Cybersecurity policy and privacy regulation
- Ethics and policy in cyberspace
Job responsibilities will include assisting the School of Computing and Information with course/curriculum design, evaluation, teaching, student recruitment, and corporate outreach.
Potential candidates must have 5+ years in industry with increasingly responsible positions in information and system security. Experience as an instructor is a plus. For these positions, a Master's in Information Science or Computer Science is strongly preferred; however, a Bachelor degree in Information Science or Computer Science – with commensurate professional experience – will be considered.
The anticipated start date is Summer 2018.
Application Instructions Individuals interested in these openings may apply at http://www.sci.pitt.edu/recruiting. Those interested in applying must submit
- a cover letter indicating the position for which you are applying and a brief explanation of how your interests align to the position
- a curriculum vitae/resume
- the names of at least four recommenders
Questions about the search and/or application status should be emailed to email@example.com.
The University of Pittsburgh is an EEO/AA/M/F/VET/ Disabled.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Pittsburgh and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com