Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE)
Stanford Introductory Studies (SIS)
Associate Director for Faculty Support and Pedagogy
Within the Office of the Vice Provost of Undergraduate Education (VPUE), the Associate Director of Stanford Introductory Studies (SIS) has primary responsibility for pedagogy support for the 250+ faculty who teach Introductory Seminars (IntroSems), Sophomore College (SoCo) and other SIS courses. This position also supervises one academic technology specialist, collaborates with SIS senior staff on budget planning and development of program initiatives, and in collaboration with VPUE Assessment and Program Evaluation Manager, takes the lead on program assessment..
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead and oversee development, implementation, administration, and evaluation of pedagogy programs, workshops, individual consultations, web and print publications serving the 250+ faculty from all seven Schools of the University who teach SIS courses.
- Faculty support and outreach.
- Design and carry out evaluation of SIS teaching effectiveness.
- Support Faculty Director in recruitment of faculty to teach in SIS programs
- Provide support of orientation for new SIS faculty
- Develop partnerships with offices across the University that promote effective teaching and learning.
- Supervise, coach and mentor an SIS Academic Technology Specialist and student staff.
About the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE) and SIS curricular programs
To view the complete job description and to assure your application information is captured in our official files, you must apply to http://jobs.stanford.edu/ and in the keyword search box, indicate 79936.
The mission of the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE) is to partner with Stanford faculty, staff and students to produce and educate knowledgeable, engaged citizens and creative confident leaders for our future world.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Stanford University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency