Enrollment & Student Services Operations Assistant
Samuel Merritt University
The Enrollment and Student Services Operations Assistant (OA) in the Campus Service Center provides administrative and operational support to all Departments in the Division.
The OA serves as the initial point of contact for the University whether by telephone, email or visiting the Oakland campus and effectively, accurately, and efficiently (1) answers questions, (2) makes referrals or directs people to appropriate individuals and departments; and (3) fulfills the job duties and accountabilities of the position.
As the Universityís and the Divisionís primary customer relations person, this position has substantial knowledge of the Division and the Universityís academic programs, and the role, function and key personnel throughout the University. The OA effectively uses the student information systems, standard computer-based business applications, web-based services and the Universityís cloud-based systems to complete assigned work. The OA exhibits qualities of exceptional customer service with thorough follow-through, friendliness and an attitude of helpfulness and service.Under the overall supervision and management of the Campus Services Manager, the OA provides direct services that support the work flow throughout the Division.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills with people in a diverse community
- Ability to pay attention to detail and to handle confidential information with excellent judgment and discretion required
- Demonstrated ability to proactively set priorities and work with diplomacy and efficiency in a high demand environment
- Ability to anticipate and manage deadlines and interact well with all levels of personnel
- Ability to comprehend and execute complex policies and procedures.
- Proven customer service skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and collaborative skills
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal and written communication
- Ability to write, expressing and exchanging ideas
- Experience with student information systems
- Demonstrated computer experience
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelorís Degree preferred
- Minimum two years of experience in higher education
- Minimum two years of administrative and customer service support experience in an educational environment preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) required
- Capable of using computer operating systems, cloud-based computing systems, internet resources, and complex database systems
- Ability to sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, and possess hand and finger dexterity
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Samuel Merritt University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com