Director of Business Development Services
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
A Director of Business Development Services is responsible for:
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Expanding business partners to include new sales strategies, market and business growth plans, and managing the full cycle of sales and prospect development;
- Meeting potential clients by growing, maintaining and leveraging your network;
- Presenting and consulting with senior management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products and distribution channels;
- Developing long term organizational strategic goals and builds key customer relationships with partners to align with workforce industry;
- Identifying business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions;
- Ability to work well with diverse populations of business/community leaders, students, faculty, and staff;
- Strong problem-solving, coordination and negotiating skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong public speaking ability;
- Basic knowledge of computer technology and software;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities;
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com