Chief Information Officer
Harford Community College
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) provides leadership and direction in achieving the College's long-range goals and strategies for information technology for the College's instructional and operational environments, and directs the infrastructure and support services teams to accomplish HCC's IT vision. With equal priorities for strategic planning and knowledge of tactical functions, as well as directing the institution’s IT security policies and disaster recovery plans, the CIO serves as an active liaison with the College staff, administration, students, and faculty.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Strategic Leadership - The CIO develops total cost of ownership analysis for technology initiatives and recommends technology investments to Vice President for Finance and Administration and the President's Leadership Team; develops and maintains HCC's IT Master Plan, IT Emergency Response Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan; and works with College Leadership on ensuring PCI compliance.
Operational and Technical Leadership - The CIO reviews and approves software and solution requests to assure compatibility with HCC's technical environment and security and accessibility requirements; maintains relationships with vendors, evaluates vendor offerings, and recommends solutions; and performs periodic reviews and maintains technology standards for construction and project management.
Department Leadership - As head of the Colleges Computing and Technology Services department, the CIO oversees the day-to-day operations of the department, and is responsible for department processes, management, supervision and development of staff, including hiring and performance evaluation; developing budgets and monitoring expenditures; prioritizes IT projects and ensures successful implementation; oversees technology replacement plans for classrooms and end users; and works with the College's governance structure as required.
This is a full-time, administrator position reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
A master's degree and a minimum of seven to ten years of information technology management experience, either in the higher education environment or equivalent combination of higher education and business experience are required.
Applicants will be evaluated on the criteria including, but not limited to:
- Current knowledge with the use and trends of technology in higher education.
- Operates in a manner that seeks to improve the student success.
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely with various levels of the college community, including the ability to exercise patience, tact and good judgment in dealing with end users.
- A strong understanding of Administrative/ERP Computing systems. Specific experience with Ellucian Banner ERP is a plus.
- Experience with predictive analytics solutions.
- Ability to work independently and to make sound judgments based on the knowledge of the College’s policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to develop effective work methods and meet short deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
For best consideration apply online at www.harford.edu/careers by September 11, 2018.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
HCC is a smoke/tobacco-free campus. HCC is an AA / EEO / ADA employer committed to diversity in the college community.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Harford Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com