Department Head – Kinesiology & Dance
New Mexico State University
The New Mexico State University Department of Kinesiology and Dance is seeking a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track assistant professor that will assist in achieving the department’s mission of teaching, research, and service. The faculty member must be able to provide undergraduate instruction in the area of Biomechanics and will have responsibility in at least one other area of undergraduate instruction, preferably Exercise Prescription, Introduction to Kinesiology, and/or Statistics. The faculty member must develop a strong track record in a focused line of research, will be expected to pursue external funding, and be able to mentor doctoral students. In addition, the faculty member will participate in faculty governance, strategic planning, curriculum review, student outcome assessment, and advisement of undergraduate and graduate students. Finally, faculty members in the department of Kinesiology & Dance are expected to embrace and demonstrate a commitment to the six core values of the College of Education: Integrity, Excellence, Leadership, Diversity, Transparency, and Innovation.
Required Qualifications: The candidates must:
- possess an earned doctorate from an accredited institution of higher
education in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, or related field;
- be able to provide undergraduate and graduate instruction in the area of Biomechanics
and at least one of the areas listed under preferred qualifications;
- provide clear evidence of an ability to conduct a focused line of research.
Preferred Qualifications: Preference will be given to those candidates who:
- In addition to Biomechanics, are able to provide undergraduate and graduate instruction in one or more of the following areas: Exercise Prescription, Introduction to Kinesiology, and/or Statistics.
- Provide evidence of the ability to secure external funding.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills.
View complete position details visit www.nmsu.edu/jobs
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at New Mexico State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com