IND Computational Chemist (Adjunct Professor Series)
University of California, San Francisco
The Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (IND) at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is seeking a computational/theoretical chemist to join the IND's drug discovery programs in Alzheimer's disease, frontotemporal dementia, Parkinson's disease, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and others. The director of the IND is Nobel Laureate Dr. Stanley Prusiner.
The successful candidate will work with the drug discovery team as a computational chemist to identify and validate cellular high-throughput screening hits. For molecules in the lead optimization phase, the candidate should be able to influence and accelerate creative molecular design using modern computational tools and approaches.
He or she will possess an expert-level understanding of medicinal chemistry principles, including the optimization of properties favorable for a CNS therapeutic. He or she is expected to work closely with medicinal chemists at the IND and with our drug discovery partners at Daiichi Sankyo. The candidate should have excellent communication skills and work well in a team environment.
- PhD in Chemistry with experience in the design of small molecule drug candidates.
- A strong track record of creative problem solving and scientific achievement
- A high level of expertise with quantum mechanical and other computational techniques to understand the conformational and stereoelectronic properties of small molecules
- A strong interest in conformational analysis and the ability to provide examples of how insights into conformation can lead to improved biological activity
- Proficiency with force field-based molecular dynamics methods to study the role of structure and conformational mobility of proteins for the purpose of drug design
- An understanding of the physical chemistry of ligand design and binding thermodynamics with experience docking small molecules with associated proteins
- Applicants should possess excellent leadership, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated superb command of oral and written English
Information and Application Process Instructions
- This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary is dependent upon experience.
Interested applicants should submit curriculum vitae with a list of publications, cover letter, a research summary (4-page max. including figures), and contact information for three professional references.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01488
*Rank will be commensurate with background, experience, and work history.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of California, San Francisco and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...