Assistant Professor of Recreation
Western Washington University
Assistant Professor of Recreation, tenure-track in Department of Health and Human Development, Western Washington University, beginning September 2019.
Responsibilities include providing quality instruction in the Recreation Program core curriculum, community and therapeutic concentrations, and other courses as assigned. Develop and conduct program of research related to community recreation, social justice, therapeutic recreation, and inclusion. Assist in developing a graduate program. Provide program leadership and contribute to planning program activities.
- Earned doctorate with at least one degree in recreation, therapeutic recreation, or closely related discipline by time of appointment
- Evidence of successful teaching at the undergraduate/graduate level in recreation
- Evidence of commitment to excellence in scholarship and the development of a dynamic research agenda
- Current CTRS certification or ability to obtain certification within one year of appointment
- Evidence of an established area of related research
- Evidence of administrative experience and the capacity to provide overall program leadership
- Evidence of involvement with diverse populations
- Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse colleagues and students
- Ability to teach in a generalist curriculum
- Experience in curriculum development
- Demonstrated experience in seeking internal and external funding
- Experience in service learning and internship supervision
For full description and instructions on how to apply see: Position Description and Application Instructions at: http://employment.wwu.edu/cw/en-us/job/496071/assistant-professor-in-recreation
Direct inquiries and material not submitted through Page Up to: Sue Hutchings (Sue.Hutchings@wwu.edu), Search Coordinator, HHD Department, Western Washington University, 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225-9067. Review of applications begins December 1, 2018. The position will remain open until filled.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Western Washington University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com