Assistant Professor in Intelligent Transportation System & Data Analytics
University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
The Department of Civil and Chemical Engineering at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in the general area of transportation engineering with an emphasis on Intelligent Transportation Systems beginning August 1, 2019.
The Civil and Chemical Engineering Department (http://www.utc.edu/college-engineering-computer-science/programs/chemical-engineering/), part of the College of Engineering and Computer Science, offers ABET-EAC accredited B.S.C. E. and B.S.Ch.E. degrees.
We are looking for candidates with a strong background and interest in algorithms, modeling, data analytics and/or software systems as they apply to intelligent transportation systems. The position is expected to be at the rank of assistant professor.
Successful candidates will possess the following requirements:
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering or closely-related field.
- BS in Civil Engineering.
- ABDs who expect to graduate by May 2019 in Civil Engineering will be considered.
- Ability to teach introductory/advanced courses in Civil Engineering.
- Ability to conduct high-quality research supported by externally attracted and funded grants, teaching, and professional development.
- Ability to teach using a variety of instructional modalities, including online instruction.
- Ability to reach goals specified in UTC’s Strategic Plan including a demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Applicants should prepare to submit the following information within our online application system for consideration:
- Cover letter/letter of interest
- CV, including up-to-date, personal contact information (email, phone, etc.)
- Teaching Statement
- Teaching experience listing undergraduate civil engineering courses that you have taught or are capable of teaching.
- Research Statement
- Unofficial transcripts
Additionally, candidates will need to include names, titles, and email addresses for three (3) references for confidential letters of recommendation to be requested.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the deadline is November 30, 2018.
Applications must be submitted electronically through the UTC Faculty Career Site by visiting: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/utc_faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000001FX
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Tennessee, Chattanooga and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com