Open Rank (Assistant/Associate/Full Professor)
Metropolitan State University
- Faculty members are expected to demonstrate ability to teach cybersecurity, networking, and related courses in Computer Sciences and Information Technology effectively at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement.
- Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study.
- Contribute to student growth and development through advising and assistance and engage in service to the university and community.
- Outstanding candidates will demonstrate a commitment to serving a culturally diverse student body through delivering a student-centered education in a liberal arts and sciences context and will possess the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals.
The University: Metropolitan State University, a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, serves approximately 11,000 students in the greater Twin Cities Metropolitan area. We are the most diverse university in the system, with approximately 41% of our students coming from communities of color. The university offers programs leading to baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. We provide accessible, high quality liberal arts, professional and graduate education with continued emphasis on marginalized groups, including adults and communities of color. Recognized in 2008 by the Carnegie Foundation for Community Engagement and named to the Presidentís Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the university is committed to academic excellence and community engagement through curriculum, teaching scholarship and services designed to support an urban mission.
Visit our web site at http://www.metrostate.edu
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit:
The Academic Department: The Department of Computer Science and Cybersecurity at Metropolitan State University currently serves undergraduate students majoring in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Computer Forensics, Computer Application Development, and Data Sciences. A BS in Cybersecurity program will start in August 2019. The department also offers MS and Professional Science Master (PSM) programs in Computer Science. In a typical academic year, the faculty member will teach five courses at the undergraduate/graduate levels, split between two semesters. In addition, faculty members will engage in scholarship, advising, and service.
The department enjoys multiple grants including NSF, NSA, and Intel for performing innovative research on cybersecurity and forensic curriculum. The department is the home of MN Cyber, a statewide institute for research and training in cybersecurity, forensics, and IoT. MN Cyber Academy provides training for industry related certifications. MN Cyber Range, a first in Minnesota, is a military grade Cyber Range for providing advanced training and conducting research in cybersecurity. For more details about the department and its programs, please visit the departmentís web page.
Salary:† Salary is commensurate with education and experience, and is determined by the salary placement process as outlined in the Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) Master Agreement.
* Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at:
For the most current information on the IFO, go to www.ifo.org
Application:† To apply, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/metrostatemn/default.cfm
Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Closing Date:† Friday, October 19, 2018
Qualified applicants are required to attach the following documents to their online application:
- Cover letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position;
- Current curriculum vita or resume;
- One-page statement on teaching philosophy;
- Examples of teaching effectiveness;
- One-page statement highlighting your research agenda, professional accomplishments and goals;
- Names of three (3) references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers; at least two (2) of the references must be able to address teaching effectiveness;
- Transcripts - Valid unofficial copies of your transcript showing conferred/awarded date of your highest attained degree, with your name and the academic institutionís name/logo are required.† If doctoral study is in progress at the time of application, submit the most recent transcript showing your course of study and progress to date.† We are not able to accept copy/paste word documents with a list of courses/grades or DARS reports.† If selected for hire, official original transcripts will be required.
- Additional materials may be requested at a later date.
If you need help submitting your online application, please contact NeoGov at 1-855-524-5627 for technical assistance.
For TTY, call Minnesota Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) at 7-1-1 or 1-800-627-3529.
If you have other questions related to this job announcement, please contact Carla Ballard, Search & Selection Specialist, at 651.793.1319.
Notice: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota Stateís vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
Metropolitan State University is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Metropolitan State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com