Administrative Assistant II
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
- Performs administrative support for the unit: answering phones, relays messages, and greets visitors;
- Opens, sorts and screens mail;
- Picks up and delivers materials as required;
- Operates office equipment;
- Types and transcribes routine correspondence; takes meeting minutes; reports from dictation or handwritten copy using personal computer;
- Files in alphanumeric order and locates material from files;
- Completes various request forms for office supplies and equipment as directed;
- Performs data entry operations;
- Assists with maintaining calendar, scheduling appointments and meeting rooms;
- Assists with making routine travel and accommodation arrangements;
- Assists with special events planning;
- Assists in formatting and preparing manuscripts, grant report updates, statistical reports, tables, and charts (knowledge of scientific, medical, literary, or other technical terms);
- Assists with and implements office services such as payroll, purchasing, records control, projects and budget accounting operations;
- Assists with/ and/or participates in the preparation of the budget;
- Assists with data collection and preparation of search and hire documents, financial and operational reports;
- Locates and compiles information and formats reports, graphs, tables, records, and other sources of information;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Business or any related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in being an Administrative Assistant.
- Well organized, excellent with managing multiple schedules and providing excellent customer service.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...