Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
- Works as a team member with the Program Administrator, Management Information Systems Specialist (MIS) Specialist and Instructional Specialist;
- Ensures the program implements an intake, assessment, and goal development system which documents all learner goals and literacy levels;
- Implements program’s managed enrollment process including student scheduling, as well as managing and documenting wait lists;
- Conducts or manages the implementation of orientation, intake and assessment sessions;
- Administers or manages the implementation of adult learner assessments;
- Develops and coordinates local policies and procedures for assessment and placement of learners in appropriate classes for their educational functioning level;
- Communicates with learners and instructors/tutors regarding placement, progress, and attendance issues;
- Works with the Instructional Specialist to address the special needs of enrolled learners, including individuals with disabilities and English language learners;
- Identifies professional development needs for assessment and intake and to coordinate activities to address those needs.
- Manages the referral process of learners to support services and/or outside agencies;
- Assists with the development and execution of the program’s Data Quality Plan;
- Performs other duties as assigned based upon program demographics, enrollment trends and the needs of target populations;
- Attends state Intake/Assessment Specialist meetings and communicates/implements pertinent information to local program staff;
- Attends state professional development and “Train the Trainer” initiatives and subsequently trains local staff;
- Manages the Testing Center;
- Supervises the Testing Center staff;
- Responsible for orders, inventory, and ensures security of test materials;
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com