Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
- Prepares mock faculty contracts for processing;
- Completes and submits instructor payroll on time.
- Prepares requisitions for purchasing materials, supplies, services and texts;
- Coordinates with BioPark site coordinator to purchase and inventory equipment to maintain par levels
- Prepares and monitors client contracts and prepares invoices;
- Follow-up with clients regarding billing issues;
- Prepares instructional materials for classes to include registration of contract training students, submission of grades, requests for certificates of completion and compiling course evaluation summaries;
- Analyzes assigned reports as necessary for clients, grantors and BCCC;
- Prepares written correspondence and regular reports on revenue, FTE, enrollment and program activities;
- Analyzes report data, make recommendations to management for program improvement or enhancement;
- Develops and maintains relationships with staff from other divisions in support of Workforce Development & Continuing Education (WDCE) and College wide activities;
- Delivers materials, finalizes classes and may attend meetings at off-campus locations;
- Collects class documents and establishes/maintains course/student files in accordance with established procedures;
- Keep MSMT grid up to current
- Develop MBON document/letter for lead nurse approval and then submit for approval and updating of MAU students files
- Provides day, evening and weekend office coverage;
- Resolves routine and emergency situations that involve staff, students and instructors;
- Interacts with Registrar and Student Accounting offices to ensure contract training registrations are accurate and completed in a timely manner;
- Serves as a front line contact for instructors, students, and clients;
- Answers multi-line phone, screen and direct inquiries and provides information to inquiries related to WDCE programs;
- Selects and hires faculty from a pre-approved pool of instructors;
- Schedule classrooms for training located on and off campus;
- Schedules classrooms for trainings and meetings held at Harbor Campus;
- Coordinates the administration of noncredit courses, which includes preparing and entering master schedules (once approved by Lead Nurse and/or Director);
- Submits all identified changes in master schedule and makes sure that students and/or instructors are informed of change
- Preparing and reviewing materials for FTE reports to the Maryland Higher Education Commission;
- Schedule and performs orientation sessions for training courses
- Coordinates production of duplication of training materials for Contract Training;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com