Adjunct Faculty - Lab Animal Science
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview: Under the general direction of the Associate Dean this position will be responsible for the instruction of students in the discipline of Lab Animal Science.
Essential Functions: Teaching
- Based on Master Syllabus, design and teach assigned class session(s), leveraging digital content and multi-media resources in the classroom.
- Assess student engagement/understanding during each class session.
- Collect, grade, and report assignments and homework.•Assess and monitor student progress and understanding throughout the course.•Remediate student’s lack of prerequisite knowledge.
- Offer content help through various means Select course materials as they reflect the Master Syllabus;
- Place the syllabus, readings and homework on Canvas.
- •Maintain and update the syllabus and course materials.•Set up online courses when relevant.•Create new digital instruction materials.
- Exhibit a spirit of inquiry about teaching and learning, student development, and evaluation methods.
- Use evidence-based resources to improve and support teaching.
- Develop an area of expertise in the academic arena.•Share teaching expertise with colleagues and others.
- Demonstrate integrity as a scholar.
- •Provide required office hours.
- •Effectively communicate with students via e-mail, phone or online discussion boards.
- •Provide academic advice and guidance to students.
- •Submit grades, on time, via the faculty portal.•Manage
- incomplete and make-ups.
- Occasionally instruct Independent Study students for purpose of graduation.
- Individualized Instruction•Identify individual learning styles and unique needs of students who are culturally diverse, traditional vs. non-traditional, at-risk (e.g., educationally disadvantaged, learning and/or physically challenged social and economic issues).
- Advise learners in ways to help them meet their educational goals.
- Create a learning environment that facilitates self-reflection and personal goal setting.
- Foster the development of learners in these areas: cognitive, psychomotor, effective, and creative.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology/Lab Animal Science or related field required from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Animal Lab certification from AALAS - ALAT mandatory
- Experience working with animals
registered as a LATG (Laboratory Animal Technologist) through AALAS (American Association for Laboratory Animal Science), as well as CMAR (Certified Manager of Animal Resources), and ICPM (Institute of Certified Professional Managers)
Terminal Professional degree - DVM
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...