Creative Services Lead
South Orange County Community College District
Creative Services Lead (one or more positions)
Irvine Valley College
Pay Range: 142, step 1 is $6,625.00 per month
The District offers a comprehensive package of insurance benefits to eligible employees, which includes medical and dental insurance, a vision-care plan, life insurance and dependent life coverage, accidental death and dismemberment coverage, and a long-term disability income-protection plan. All premiums are fully paid by the District. Mandatory retirement incentive is with California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
Under direction from higher level supervisory or management staff, performs a variety of professional duties involved in creating high-level design strategies and concepts for Irvine Valley College’s (IVC) visual identity in both print and digital; assists in the development of the College’s marketing plan and related promotional materials; coordinates the production of various print and electronic publications and coordinates with the District’s public affairs efforts when necessary; oversees all design and works closely with members of the marketing team and key internal constituents to ensure a cohesive, branded look and feel; organizes and coordinates staff in the effective development, production, and delivery of timely, consistent, and cost-effective communications; educates the campus community on how to apply branding guidelines; and provides schools and offices with the tools needed to ensure all communications reflect the image and core messages of the College.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
• Advanced principles and practices of art direction, design, graphic composition, visual communication, advertising, marketing, illustration, and production.
• Digital and traditional design.
• Branded design, style guide creation, and brand management.
• Typography, color theory, and design hierarchy.
• Current expert knowledge and understanding of design software and other related programs.
• Principles and practices of a marketing office.
• Principles of lead supervision and training.
• English usage, grammar, and punctuation.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Manage projects and production processes; manage multiple concurrent projects with varying priorities.
• Plan and organize printing and graphic projects to ensure that quality products are completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Independently execute the most difficult graphic design functions by using superior design skills.
• Provide assistance to District staff in developing and designing printing and graphic needs.
• Provide art direction to large and small projects, photo shoots, and campaigns.
• Lead, organize, train, and review the work of staff.
• Create, interpret, explain, and enforce marketing and creative services policies and procedures.
• Work with and exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the varied racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, academic, socio-economic, and disabled populations of community college students.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience Guidelines:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in graphic design or closely-related field.
Five years of recent increasingly responsible experience providing art direction and leading teams and projects in a full-service marketing agency, university, or comparable institution.
License or Certificate:
Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
Please visit the District’s Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the South Orange County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com