Nursing Clinical Faculty
Metropolitan State University
METROPOLITAN STATE UNIVERSITY, a vibrant and growing public, urban university, is seeking to fill a full-time, probationary (tenure-track) clinical faculty position within the Department of Nursing located in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences beginning January 2019.
- Faculty members are expected to demonstrate ability to teach didactic and clinical nursing courses effectively at both the undergraduate and graduate level
- Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement
- Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study
- Contribute to student growth and development through advising and assistance and engage in service to the university and community
- Outstanding candidates will demonstrate a commitment to serving a culturally diverse student body through delivering a student-centered education in a liberal arts and sciences context and will possess the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Lead acute care clinical courses for pre-licensure students
- Teach other courses as assigned
- Masterís Degree in nursing or closely related field
- Bachelorís Degree in nursing if Masterís degree is not in nursing
- Three years professional nursing experience as a registered nurse
- Current (i.e., within the past 12 months) nursing experience in acute care settings OR current (i.e., within the past 12 months) clinical teaching experience in the acute care setting
- Eligibility for Minnesota RN licensure
- Demonstrated ability to work in an institution with a culturally, economically and linguistically diverse workforce
- Demonstrated outstanding communication (written & oral) and team skills to work effectively in groups and communicate effectively with a variety of persons and groups
- Experience developing nursing curricula
- Experience in clinical nursing education
- Experience with nursing simulation
- Experience utilizing a holistic nursing framework
- Certification in a nursing specialty
Please note: Filling of this position is dependent upon budget.
The School/Academic Department: †As part of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences the Department of Nursing is committed to academic and scholarly excellence, community partnerships, and to providing a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs that lead to the building of lifelong careers and professionalism within the nursing field.† The Nursing Departmentís versatile programs and degree offerings cut across all levels of learning - bachelorís, masterís and doctoral.† We offer flexible options customized for those who are currently registered nurses (RN) and for those who are not yet registered nurses.† Classroom, cohort, and on-line modalities, as well as principles of adult education, are utilized across our curriculum.† ††
Salary:† Salary is commensurate with education and experience, and is determined by the salary placement process as outlined in the Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) Master Agreement.
* Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at:
For the most current information on the IFO, go to www.ifo.org
Application:† To apply, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/metrostatemn/default.cfm
Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Closing Date:† November 9, 2018
Qualified applicants are required to attach the following documents to their online application:
- Cover letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position;
- Current curriculum vita or resume;
- One-page statement of teaching philosophy and/or examples of teaching effectiveness;
- Names of four (4) references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers; at least two (2) of the references must be able to address teaching effectiveness;
- Transcripts - Valid unofficial copies of your transcript showing conferred/awarded date of your highest attained degree, with your name and the academic institutionís name/logo are required.† If doctoral study is in progress at the time of application, submit the most recent transcript showing your course of study and progress to date.† We are not able to accept copy/paste word documents with a list of courses/grades or DARS reports.† If selected for hire, official original transcripts will be required.
- Additional materials may be requested at a later date.
If you need help submitting your online application, please contact NEO GOV @ 1-855-524-5627 for technical assistance.
For TTY, call Minnesota Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) at 7-1-1 or 1-800-627-3529.
If you have other questions related to this job announcement, please contact Human Resources, at 651.793.1275.
Notice: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota Stateís vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
Metropolitan State University is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Metropolitan State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com