Assistant/Associate Professor- #603626
Northern Arizona University
The Department of Health Sciences and the Center for Health Equity Research invite applicants for a full-time (9-month) tenure-track research and teaching faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience leading the design and statistical analysis of multi-year population health research projects and working as part of a team with basic biomedical, health, and behavioral/social scientists.
The successful candidate will:
- maintain an independent research program that is supported by external funding and produce peer reviewed science in the field of public health;
- contribute to the teaching mission of the Department of Health Sciences including the mentoring of undergraduate, MPH, and PhD students as well as post-doctoral fellows; and
- perform service for the department, university and profession. Preference will be given to applicants with documented contributions to translational research and successful interdisciplinary collaboration.
Annual Salary: Commensurate with experience
At the rank of Assistant Professor:
- Earned doctoral degree in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Statistics, Public Health, or related field
- Expertise with study design and statistical analysis in a multidisciplinary context
- University teaching experience
At the rank of Associate Professor, in addition to the above qualifications, the following are required:
- Prior appointment at the rank of associate or full professor at an institute of higher education or at least 5 years’ experience in a full-time assistant professor position, and meet or exceed NAU department of Health Sciences criteria for rank as determined by the department Chair and faculty status committee
- A sustained record of scholarship
- Teaching and service consistent with established promotion criteria in the NAU Health Sciences department
- Involvement on externally-funded health research
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online!
NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Northern Arizona University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com