Assistant Professor, Applied Linguistics
University of South Florida
The Department of World Languages at the University of South Florida is seeking candidates for an appointment to a nine-month tenure track position in Applied Linguistics at the rank of Assistant Professor, effective August 07, 2019.
The department seeks candidates whose research connects productively with current issues in the field. Salary negotiable.
- Teach courses at the graduate and undergraduate level in the areas of applied linguistics/linguistics.
- Conduct, present, and publish research and engage in other professional activities.
- Mentor graduate students.
- Participate actively in program management of the B.A. in World Languages and Cultures (Applied Linguistics Concentration), the M.A. in Applied Linguistics and the Ph.D. in Linguistics and Applied Language Studies.
- Participate in governance in the department, college, and university.
- Doctorate in Applied Linguistics, Linguistics, or closely related field by August 7, 2019;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Experience teaching applied linguistics/linguistics courses;
- Publication record which indicates active research and scholarship;
- Proficiency in at least one foreign language.
- Demonstrated success in teaching graduate and/or undergraduate applied linguistics courses
- Ability to seek external funding for research and/or program development
- Record of service to appropriate professional organizations
- Experience serving on doctoral dissertation committees
- Experience in program management and leadership
Application materials include:
- a current CV
- cover letter
- evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g., course evaluations)
- a sample publication
- three letters of recommendation.
According to Florida Law, applications and meetings regarding them are open to the public. For ADA accommodations, please contact Claudine Boniec at either the contact phone number or email address below at least five working days prior to need. USF is an Equal Opportunity Institution.
Web Address for Applications:
https://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers/ ; Assistant Professor, Applied Linguistics
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of South Florida and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com