Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview of Position: A Writer/Editor is responsible for:
- Supporting BCCC newsletter with events stories and photos, faculty and staff interviews, community partnership events coverage. The scope of work to include pitching, writing, editing, proofing, and fact-checking all articles.
- Speech writing for President and other leaders as needed.
- Writing press releases and media advisories.
- Ensuring all written communication contents is on brand, consistent in terms of official BCCC style, quality, and tone.
- Reviewing and updating web contact with section editors, program coordinators, deans, and associate deans to ensure accuracy.
- Supporting the development of social media content.
**Please note this is for a five (5) month long contract**
*** 20 Hours per week Only**
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, English, public relations or related field;
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Five (5) years of professional writing in and editing in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong proofreading skills with utmost attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to shift focus for last-minute tasks and urgent request
- Demonstrable evidence of capacity to work independently and collaboratively in managing multiple assignments to meet deadlines; and documented ability to conduct interviews.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working with and serving diverse populations within Higher Education.
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com