Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
A Test Specialist is responsible for administering departmental, educational and standard test for WDCE.
- Responsible for the assessment, intake and referaal of students enrolling in ABE, GED, ELS and Workforce courses.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Testing Center.
- Administer placement tests to incoming students.
- Score and interpret placement test scores.
- Advise students of score and assign them to the appropriate class(s).
- Handle student placements regarding program options.
- Administer specialized tests such as the online GED Ready for GED bound students.
- Assist students in registering for the GED test.
- Strong customer service skill
- Knowledge of acceptable examination and testing policies and procedures
- Ability to use proper English grammar and spelling
- Knowledge of standard office procedures; basic math, record keeping and filing systems, standard software applications
- Ability to research, interpret, and apply mandated testing rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to operate standard office equipment; set up and maintain database files; store/retrieve data; create, edit, and print documents and reports
- Ability to maintain security and confidentiality of testing processes; effectively communicate both orally and in writing with diverse groups; prepare reports and surveys
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations to calculate scoring results and percentages
- Ability to coordinate a variety of projects simultaneously; organize and prioritize work
- Ability to follow detailed directions and procedures
- Must have proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Associate degree in psychology, business administration, measurement, or related field
Bachelors degree in psychology, business administration, measurement, or related field
Experience working in higher education
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...