Environmental Services Manager
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
The Environmental Services Manager performs responsible managerial work involving the assignment and direct supervision of environmental services employees. Ensures assigned staff maintains proper cleanliness and sanitation of buildings, offices, classrooms, fitness centers, laboratories, furnishings and equipment as well as building entrances and exterior walkways.
The Environmental Services Manager is also responsible for training new employees on proper custodial procedures for the use of manually operated tools, electrically-powered machines, cleaning compounds, solvents and chemicals.
- Associate's degree in business administration, hotel management or related field; OR years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience working in a union environment;
- Minimum of (3) three years of management experience and/or previous supervisory experience;
- (3) Three years of relevant experience working in facilities, custodial, janitorial experience, for a large organization with multiple facilities;
- Minimum of (6) six years progressively responsible job-related experience in addition to a high school diploma or GED may be substituted for required education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Significant knowledge of custodial equipment and standards, including modem safety standards and techniques;
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects;
- Analyses and resolves work problems; initiated or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve goals;
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities;
- Must be available to respond to campus when needed and be on - call as assigned;
- Proficient in estimating labor and material costs.
(5) Five years' relevant experience working in facilities, custodial, janitorial experience, for a large organization with multiple facilities preferred;
Experience in an institution of Higher Education.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...