Academic Technology Specialist
Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE)
Heralded as a hub of undergraduate innovation, the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE) creates and sustains meaningful interactions between students and faculty both within and outside the classroom. As a team member of VPUE, you have a unique opportunity to advance and support programs that touch and enhance the lives of every undergraduate student at Stanford.
Within VPUE, Stanford Introductory Studies (SIS) is seeking an Academic Technology Specialist (ATS) works to support and integrate technology into the teaching and learning activities in SIS programs. Stanford Introductory Studies is seeking an Academic Technology Specialist who can facilitate the integration of appropriate technology to meet the pedagogical needs of instructors and students. The Academic Technology Specialist will evaluate the effectiveness of current uses of learning technologies and assist in advancing their incorporation into the classroom and assignment design. If you enjoy working with and supporting educators and students with their technological needs, this position may be for you!
- Outreach / Academic Support for Faculty and Students
- Assess Academic Technology Training Needs
- Technology Resource Development
To be successful in this position:
- Bachelor's degree plus two years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Current knowledge of academic technology related to the undergraduate classroom and a willingness to learn and teach new technologies.
- Participate in the development of resources, seminars, courses, or workshops to disseminate information on academic technology for instructors and/or students
- Experience working with instructors and/or students on instructional and assignment design, and best practices for the classroom.
To apply, go to http://stanfordcareers.stanford.edu and enter job # 80751 into the Keyword search box.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Stanford University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com