University of Texas at San Antonio
List of Desired Attributes:
- Develop and maintain an externally funded research program (individual and collaborative).
- Actively lead efforts to engage public-private partnerships.
- Develop internship opportunities with both public and private sectors for a pipeline of cloud graduates.
- Develop research and experiential education opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Act as a catalyst to seek out opportunities and differentiate UTSA as an academic leader in cloud computing.
- Communicate efficiently with institutional and external partners and collaborators.
Successful candidates will have an earned Masters degree (M.S.), publications, and demonstrated research competencies and capabilities commensurate with appointment levels in applicable departments.
Candidates should have 10 years of extensive leadership and/or senior managerial experience and expertise in areas such as Cloud/Edge/Fog Computing, Big Data Analytics, Cloud Security, HPC, both Public and Private Cloud Architecture, Federated Cloud, and other emerging technologies such as serverless computing and cloud functions and containers and container management, such as Kubernetes, Software-Defined Networking, and Network Functions Virtualization. The prospective candidate must be eligible for national security clearances.
To apply: http://opencloud.utsa.edu/job-opportunities/
Position open until filled
For general questions or additional information, please contact: Bernard Arulanandam, Interim Vice President for Research, Economic Development & Knowledge Enterprise at Bernard.Arulanandam@utsa.edu or 210-458-8176.
Tenure is contingent upon the Board of Regents approval. Applicants who are selected for interviews must be able to show proof that they will be eligible and qualified to work in the U.S. by the time of hire. UTSA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Texas at San Antonio and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com