Coordinator, Family Nurse Practitioner Program
American International College
- Under the direction of the Associate Director for Graduate Nursing Programs and the Division Director, provide coordination for the family nurse practitioner program, including curriculum development & evaluation, course scheduling, monitoring adherence to policies and accreditation standards
- Work effectively with faculty, students, administrators, alumni, other members of College community and external constituents
- Teach at least 2 courses per term or as needed by program.
- Assist in recruitment, retention and mentoring of adjunct faculty and clinical preceptors teaching in program
- Assist with recruitment, retention, and advisement of students.
- Attend scheduled general faculty, school faculty, and departmental faculty meetings; attend Town meetings and other College events (e.g. commencement, awards ceremonies); attend external events that promote the College in a positive manner
- Maintain clinical expertise and certification requirements as a family nurse practitioner by engaging in clinical practice and participating in professional development opportunities.
- Establish, maintain, conduct visits to clinical placement sites to asses student performance and appropriateness of clinical site.
- Other duties as assigned by Associate Director, Director and/or Dean.
- Attend regional and/or national conferences focused on advanced practice nursing to keep abreast trends and issues in APRN education and program accreditation.
This is a 12 month full-time, exempt, benefited position. Normal office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department. Occasional night and/or weekend events required.
- Required Degree(s): Master of Science in Nursing with licensure as an advanced practice nurse (APRN) with a clinical specialty as a family nurse practitioner
- Preferred Degree(s): Doctorate in Nursing or related field
- Required Field of Expertise: Licensure as an advanced practice nurse with specialization as a family nurse practitioner (FNP)
- Required Training/Cert: Licensure as an advanced practice nurse and certification as a family nurse practitioner (FNP)
- Preferred Training/Cert: Teaching and administrative experience at the program and/or department level
- Required Licensure(s): Currently licensed as an APRN or be eligible for licensure in Massachusetts
- Strong commitment to high quality instruction in a diverse, student-centered environment and the ability to work with students with various learning styles and backgrounds
- Interest in active and collaborative learning and enthusiasm for working in an interprofessional setting
- Ability to foster a collaborative atmosphere among students, faculty, and staff
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Blackboard, and the use of instructional technology to teach traditional, hybrid or online courses as needed and serve as a resource for faculty using these tools.
- Enthusiastic, committed teacher-scholar with demonstrated excellence in teaching and scholarship
Information and Application Process Instructions
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application found at: https://apps.aic.edu/static/jobs/coordinator-family-nurse-practitioner-program-id-692.html
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the American International College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...