Associate Dean and Director of Graduate Business
American International College
The Associate Dean and Director of Graduate Business Programs reports directly to the Dean of the School of Business, Arts, and Sciences. The successful candidate should hold an earned doctorate in business or related field, have two to five years of administrative experience, and have a record of academic accomplishments to qualify for faculty rank of associate professor in business or a related field.
- Recruit, develop, support, and evaluate, in collaboration with department chairs, adjunct faculty in the School of BAS.
- Provide academic oversight to graduate business programs, including completion of program assessments, annual reports, and program reviews; schedules; student advising; program compliance with policies, academic standards, and accreditation requirements; and curriculum revision.
- Work collaboratively with graduate Admissions to coordinate and oversee recruitment of students in graduate business programs, including development of marketing materials, participation at open houses and other events, outreach to potential students, review of candidate applications, development of enrollment projections, and other activities as requested or assigned.
- Monitor program compliance with IACBE accreditation standards, to include coordination with undergraduate business program chair, generation of the annual report, lead the re-accreditation process, and serve as the AIC liaison to IACBE.
- In collaboration with CETLS, provide assistance to faculty with setting goals, establishing scholarship plans, and serving the institution.
- Manage student concerns and requests such as transfer credit permission, general academic petitions, study away requests, and registration or schedule conflicts.
- Provide oversight of assessment plans, annual reports, and program reviews for School of BAS programs.
- Work with the dean to develop external relations and community partnerships in support of School of BAS programs; represent the dean, internally and externally, as appropriate.
- Provide academic support to institutional joint articulation agreements with other institutions, including the development and maintenance of course equivalency guides and program plans.
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned by the dean.
This is a full-time, twelve-month, exempt-level position. While normal Office Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., hours are flexible to the needs of the department and require occasional evening and weekend work. This is a benefits eligible position.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application found at: https://apps.aic.edu/static/jobs/associate-dean-and-director-of-graduate-business-id-694.html
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the American International College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
1000 State Street
Phone: (413) 205-3544
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...