We are looking for a highly-motivated mouse embryo microinjectionist/lab manager for a new laboratory at Princeton University studying preimplantation mouse development.
This position provides the opportunity to:
- Create and run a small state-of-the-art transgenic laboratory and learn cutting edge CRISPR/Cas9-based genome editing methods.
- Work in an innovative, interdisciplinary and scientifically stimulating surrounding.
- Take part in further improving CRISPR/Cas9-based genome editing methods, develop new targeting strategies and explore working with non-conventional model species.
- Help set up new embryo micromanipulation lab for generation of genetically modified embryos and mouse models using CRISPR/Cas9 editing - primarily serving the research needs of the Posfai lab, and also providing transgenic services for several other mouse user labs in the department
- Prepare CRISPR/Cas9 reagents
- Carry out embryo collection, microinjection, electroporation, embryo transfer surgeries and post-operative care
- Efficient mouse colony management, including breeding, superovulation injections, and plug checks
- Independently plan and schedule transgenic experiments
- Diligent record keeping and use of animal database
- Order and maintain supplies for the embryo micromanipulation lab
This is a two-year term position with the possibility of renewal.
This position is subject to the University's background-check policy. Applicants must apply by November 11, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST at https://www.princeton.edu/acad-positions/position/9362.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Princeton University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com