Assistant or Associate Professor Chinese Politics
Nanyang Technological University Singapore
The S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), a Graduate School of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, is a leading research and teaching institution in strategic and international affairs and policy-oriented think-tank in the Asia-Pacific region. The School invites applications for the following tenure - track position:
Assistant or Associate Professor in the following specialization:
The successful candidate will teach up to three (3) courses a year in the School's Master of Science Programmes.
Applicants are also expected to contribute to the School's research agenda, contribute to team research and policy-oriented projects, teach in short executive programmes, and organize conferences and seminars. Experience in policy- relevant research and publication would be useful. Additional research funding may be available through policy-oriented think tank functions of the School.
The initial appointment will be for four (4) years, with further contracts to be considered by the relevant School Reappointment Committee. A candidate with the appropriate qualifications and experience maybe appointed at the Associate Professor level.
Information and Application Process Instructions All applicants should submit the following:
- A cover letter specifying how your qualifications match the job description; A detailed curriculum vitae (including records of competitive grants and graduate supervision, if applicable);
- Statements of research and teaching interests and, teaching evaluation if applicable;
- Three (3) published articles or writing samples;
- Names, addresses, email and phone numbers of at least 6 referees:
- If you are applying for the Assistant Professor position, your referees must be of the rank of Associate Professor;
- If you are applying for the Associate Professor position, your referees must be of the rank of Professor
- A completed Application for Employment form (Download the application form HERE.)
If you are interested, please write in (or email) to:
The Search Committee
S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Block S4, Level B4,
Nanyang Avenue Singapore 639798
Applications will close on 31 January 2019.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Nanyang Technological University Singapore and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com