Staff - Associate Dean of Professional and Organizational Development
South Texas College
Min Salary: $63,000.00
Temporary End Date (if applicable):
Close Date: 11/7/2018
General Statement of Job:
The Associate Dean of Professional and Organizational Development provides leadership and direction to the Office of Professional and Organizational Development as it serves the college by providing innovative professional and organizational development for faculty and staff at South Texas College and in the South Texas region. Responsible for ensuring that all professional and organizational activities support student learning and meet the changing needs of the institution.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and direction to the Office of Professional and Organizational Development in providing innovative professional, organizational and personal development opportunities for faculty and staff.
- Collaborates with the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs to ensure professional development offerings support pedagogically sound approaches to student success for all faculty.
- Collaborates with administration to provide professional and organizational development focused on student success, engagement and completion in all areas of the College.
- Oversees the creation of professional and organizational development opportunities to directly support the implementation of the College’s Strategic Plan.
- Provides leadership for faculty and staff engagement and recognition efforts throughout the College.
- Responsible for providing a series of leadership academies and workshops to support the development of leadership pipelines and effective succession planning.
- Administers the design and implementation of Professional and Organizational Development activities, including but not limited to: College-Wide and Divisional Professional and Organizational Development, New Faculty and Staff On-boarding and Academies, Leadership Academies, South Texas Leadership Academies for Staff, Chairs and Faculty, customer service training and all other professional development activities.
- Reviews, develops, and administers the departmental policies and procedures.
- Represents the College and the Office of Professional and Organizational Development in a variety of campus, regional, statewide and national organizations and committees.
- Leads the development of several major special events each year for the College, community and for the Academic Affairs division respectively.
- Collaborates with the Grant Development, Management and Compliance department to seek grant opportunities to support innovative initiatives in the professional development area.
- Administers the professional development system.
- Oversees the comprehensive Institutional Effectiveness Plan for the Office of Professional and Organizational Development.
- Responsible for maintaining accountability and sound fiscal management.
- Recommends for hire, supervises, trains, and evaluates the Administrative Assistant, Professional Development Manager, and instructional coaches; oversees the Professional and Organizational Development department staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree required; Doctorate Degree preferred.
- At least three (3) years of progressive administrative/supervisory experience required.
- At least two (2) years of teaching experience in a higher education institution required; preferably at a two-year, post-secondary institution.
- At least one (1) year of work experience related to professional and organizational development required.
- Work experience in organizing events required.
Checks, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- All applicants are subject to a national criminal background check under South Texas College policy.
- Security Sensitive position: In addition, subject to federal background check.
- Must have valid Texas driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- EEO Statement:
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Texas College is an equal education and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. As an equal education institution and equal opportunity employer, the College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Discrimination is prohibited and the College will comply with all applicable College policies, and state and federal legislation. This policy extends to individuals seeking employment with and admission to the College.
Title IX Statement
Title IX of the Education Amendments 1972 (20 U.S.C. s1681 et seq.) and its implementing regulations, 34 C.F.R. Part 106 (Title IX), “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
For additional information and to apply, visit https://stcjobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/11194
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at South Texas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...