Multiple RIT School of Film and Animation positions available
Rochester Institute of Technology
The internationally recognized School of Film and Animation (SOFA) is inviting applications for multiple positions. SOFA offers BFA and MFA degrees in film production with emphasis in either animation or live action, and a BS degree in Motion Picture Science. The School provides a creative community where students have the opportunity to discover their unique talents and expressive potential while at the same time developing the skills needed to fulfill any creative or technical role in the film and animation industry. SOFA enrollment is 315 undergraduate and 60 graduate students. We are seeking individuals who have the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to student-centeredness; professional development and scholarship; integrity and ethics; respect, diversity and pluralism; innovation and flexibility; and teamwork and collaboration, http://www.rit.edu/artdesign/schools/film-animation.
Director - School of Film and Animation - Tenured, Associate Professor or Professor - 4095BR
The College of Art and Design at the Rochester Institute of Technology seeks a visionary leader for the position of Director of the School of Film and Animation (SOFA). The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading a diverse and accomplished faculty in the operation of the School's BFA, BS, and MFA degree programs; mentoring and evaluating faculty and staff; and creating a supportive and stimulating environment for all students. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated passion for curriculum development and organizational management, and to work collaboratively to build on the School's outstanding legacies to ensure a bright future. This is a tenured position that reports to the Dean of the College of Art and Design with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2019.
Some responsibilities include:
- Leading short- and long-term strategic planning for the School in conjunction with undergraduate and graduate program directors, staff, and College leadership.
- Spearheading School fundraising, outreach, recruitment, and marketing efforts.
- Ensuring robust and collaborative relationships with the leadership of the College and its other schools; with faculty, staff, and students ofSOFA; and with MAGIC Spell Studios (MSS), the Center for Imaging Science (CIS), and other RIT entities.
- Budgetary - manage the School's annual operating budget, and initiate and propose capital equipment and space improvement requests
Instructional Faculty - Live Action Production - Tenure Track, Assistant Professor - 4063BR
The successful candidate will teach courses in film production with expertise in at least one of the following areas: directing and acting, screen writing, creative producer. The courses focus on a variety of skills and concepts in the production of narrative, documentary, and experimental work. Courses will involve teaching undergraduate and graduate students the aesthetics and techniques of making films. The candidate should demonstrate a sound knowledge of filmmaking processes, current and emerging technologies, and an understanding of film history. The successful applicant is committed to teaching production and is capable of inspiring a critical and inventive environment in the classroom. The applicant is also an actively engaged filmmaker.
- Teaching 5-6 courses per year ranging from lower-division to upper-division and graduate level foundational, technical and production courses
- Faculty advising on senior and graduate thesis films and professional mentorship
- Working with animation and film production faculty on program and curricular development
- Maintaining a high level of expertise in current technologies, trends, methodologies, and software developments in the professional community, as they relate to the current curriculum
- Engaging in scholarly activities/research within the arts, design, and media disciplines
- Advising undergraduate and graduate students on SOFA program coursework and activities
- Participating in university and departmental service and community outreach
Instructional Faculty - 2D Animation - Tenure Track, Assistant Professor - 4137BR
The School of Film and Animation (SOFA) is inviting applications for a Tenure Track faculty position in Animation. We seek an active artist dedicated to the education of filmmakers/animators. The candidate should demonstrate substantial aptitude in 2D animation and production. Courses will involve teaching undergraduate and graduate students the aesthetics and techniques of digital animation production, history, and design. An extensive knowledge of animation filmmaking processes and current and emerging technologies in the animation art form is important. The successful candidateis committed to teaching animation production and is capable of inspiring a critical and inventive environment in the classroom. The candidate should have demonstrable experience in pre-production and production techniques and processes, story structure, and commercial or independent animation production. Proficiency in at least two of the following areas are expected: 2D digital character animation, concept art, and/or character design and animation history. The candidate will be expected to cover a full teaching load consisting of both undergraduate and graduate courses in filmmaking, animation technique, and creative production practices. Applicants with broad-based expertise in animation and filmmaking practices and excellent writing and communication skills are encouraged to apply. Preferred knowledge of current applications relative to animation production, including: Toon Boom Harmony, Adobe After Effects, TV Paint, and the full Adobe Creative Suite.
- Teach five courses per year ranging from lower-division foundations to upper-division and graduate levels.
- Work with animation and film production faculty on program and curricular development.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in current animation trends.
- Advise students for thesis films and provide professional mentorship.
- Engage in scholarly activities/research within the arts, design, and media disciplines.
- University and departmental service and community outreach.
Preferred and required qualifications as appropriate for the positions.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- For more information, including minimum requirements, and to apply, http://careers.rit.edu/faculty, Keyword search: 4095BR, 4063BR, 4137BR. Please review one other position, Keyword Search: 4027BR.
When inquiring or applying for these positions, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Rochester Institute of Technology and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Chair of the Search Committee
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Chair of the Search Committee
Please apply as included above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...