Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
University of Pikeville
The University of Pikeville's Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine (UP-KYCOM) invites applications for the position of Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. Under the supervision of the Dean of KYCOM, the Associate Dean is directly responsible for the administration of all aspects of the KYCOM academic programs.
- Manage and evaluate the Academic Affairs staff
- Prepares and recommends a departmental budget
- Serve as Chair or Co-chair of the KYCOM Curriculum Committee
- Oversee the creation and management of daily class schedules for first and second year KYCOM classes
- Oversee the block exam testing process for first and second year classes
- Oversee the composition of Medical Student Performance Evaluations (MSPE) for KYCOM students
- Assist KYCOM students in preparation for COMLEX Level 1 and 2CE and advise the Dean on the purchase of board preparation materials for KYCOM students
- Assist in the preparation of materials and documentation required for COCA and SACS accreditation
- Work closely with other assistant and associate deans to ensure coordination and continuity in the daily operations of KYCOM
- Provides counseling and guidance to students.
- Serves on assigned KYCOM and UPIKE committees
- Attends Commencement, White Coat Ceremony, new student orientation, and University of Pikeville Opening Convocation
- Assists in the selection of students to attend KYCOM
- Other duties as assigned by the KYCOM Dean.
The University of Pikeville offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. UPIKE offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, telemedicine, long term disability, tuition waivers, a 403(b) retirement plan, and HSA, FSA, & dependent care accounts. UPIKE also offers a generous holiday schedule and paid leave program.
Important Notes: Resume and other application materials will be reviewed to determine if you meet the required qualifications for the position. If it is determined that you meet the required qualifications, your application materials will be used to identify a top group of the most highly qualified candidates. Please, specifically address the qualifications, competencies and desired qualifications in your resume and application materials.
The University of Pikeville is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history.
The University of Pikeville is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. The University of Pikeville does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age or disabilities in its programs, activities, hiring, or the admission of students. Inquiries may be directed to the University of Pikeville Title IX Coordinator by calling 606-218-5216.
For more information about the University of Pikeville, please visit http://www.upike.edu. Interested applicants should complete the online application by visiting http://jobs.upike.edu. In addition to the application, interested applicants are requested to attach to their application a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three to five professional references.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Pikeville and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com