Assistant Professors of Social Work
Grambling State University
The successful candidate will be expected to:
MSW and Ph.D. degrees in Social Work with at least seven years of teaching and/or administrative experience at the university level; evidence of success in grant and contract research; ability to work effectively with university administrators and diverse campus constituencies; excellent written and oral communication skills; outstanding analytical skills; a commitment to working in a diverse and inclusive environment; and knowledge of the CSWE Commission on Accreditation’s Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards.
- Supervise faculty and staff
- Review systematically the programs on a quadrennial basis and develop new programs consistent with the mission of the University
- Increase the number of significant scholarly contributions and publications
- Create an environment that fosters excellence in teaching, research and service
- Teach both undergraduate and graduate classes in social work
- Advise students
- Conduct research and grant-writing
- Participate in university and community service
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of College of Professional Studies and the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs
Faculty positions require MSW and Ph.D. degrees in Social Work with at least five years of teaching experience at the university level.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Grambling State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com