Assistant Teaching Professor - Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
The College of Engineering & Computer Science offers three Masters programs online, MS Computer Engineering, MS Computer Science, & MS Cybersecurity. Due to the rapid growth of the program, the college is looking for well-qualified candidates to join the full-time teaching faculty whose primary duty is teaching courses in these programs. The faculty will be a regular part of the faculty body of the Electrical Engineering & Computer Science department within the College on the Syracuse University campus, and he or she will have on campus office allowing close interactions with faculty. Occasionally, this position may have opportunities to teach on-campus courses. Unlike some online faculty positions in other institutions, this post is a regular faculty position that is fully integrated with the faculty body of the department and college.
- Teaching live lectures over a virtual platform and asynchronous video lectures.
- View asynchronous content in advance of each weekly live session.
- Meet all designated class periods.
- Grade assignments and exams.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours.
- Submit completed mid-semester progress reports and final grades according to University regulations.
- Curriculum development of three credit courses offered in 11-week quarters with alternating asynchronous and live sessions
- Student support, including online advising and office hours
- Coordination with other faculty teaching or developing the same courses online or on-campus
- Program administration, including supporting student admissions and placement
Please complete an online application on our website: http://www.sujobopps.com, job# 074056)
In addition to completing the online application, please submit CV/Resume, Cover Letter, and Reference List for consideration.
Syracuse University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to equality of opportunity and a diverse work force. Women, military veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Syracuse University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com