Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Admissions
California Northstate University
Job Classification: 1.0 FTE (80% administration, 20% teaching), full-time, salaried
Benefits: Per California Northstate University employee benefits
Closing Date: Position Open until Filled
Review of Applications: Reviewed upon receipt; for best consideration, apply by November 2nd, 2018.
Anticipated Start Date: Jan 1st, 2019 or as soon as possible
Reporting Responsibility: Report directly to the Dean of the College of Health Sciences
California Northstate University College of Health Sciences is a community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to the mission of transforming education in the health sciences. We are a team-oriented group interested in supporting a student centered and innovative educational environment and seek individuals interested in excelling at their own immediate responsibilities and contributing to the College and University as a whole.
Job Description: This position is directly responsible for the leadership, supervision, and coordination of recruitment, admissions and enrollment management services, student affairs and support services, student life and community service learning, and the Career Services Center. The Assistant Dean is a highly visible member of the Student Affairs and Admissions team, particularly among the student body.
Responsibilities (not meant to be exhaustive):
- Responsible for admission, outreach and student services personnel and processes;
- Oversee, develop, manage, and provide student support services;
- Oversee student organizations;
- Develop, implements, and promotes programs that foster student leadership and professionalism;
- Serve as advisor to the Student Body Council and Student Organization Leadership Council;
- Oversee the academic advising and career services programs;
- Coordinate student activities at the state, regional, and national levels;
- Coordinate student related college events and programs;
- Develop and implement diversity programs;
- Engage in didactic teaching to the extent possible;
- Collaborate with programmatic assessment and participate in all accreditation and regulatory processes
- Manage the application, interview, and acceptance process
- Coordinate with outside agencies, parents, and alumni
- Develop and update policies and procedures for this program
- Be the administrator in charge of the grievance process
- Know and inform students of their rights and responsibilities
- Create marketing and advertising materials
- Head all student recruitment efforts; attend recruitment activities
- Set-up and maintain Consumer Relation Management software
- Monitor and plan the Student Affairs and Admissions budget
- Participate in the production of reports for various purposes and analysis of success metrics
- Serve as a voting member of the Deanís Executive Committee and as ex-officio member of College committees
- Engage in professional development as needed to keep abreast of current issues related to Student Affairs and Admissions
- Update and maintain the Student Handbook and the CHS section of the general catalogue
- Work collaboratively with University personnel to maximize enrollments and admissions
- Collaborate with university administrators to prepare Enrollment Agreements and update the application portal
- Develop a comprehensive enrollment management plan
- Planning and oversight of student life and community services
- Other duties as necessary
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Earned doctorate (Ph.D. preferred) in health professions, educational discipline, or basic science
- At least ten (5) years of experience in educational administration, preferably in student
affairs and admissions, at least at the level of program director or department chair/head
- Distinguished record of teaching, research, scholarly achievement, and service appropriate for an appointment as an Assistant, Associate or Full Professor
- Good management and leadership skills when working with individuals or teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong commitment to excellence in education, research/scholarly activities, and service
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Experience with SEVIS and immigration, or willingness to learn
- Occasional weekend work required
Information and Application Process Instructions
Applicants should submit:
- Cover letter of interest that addresses qualifications, experience and career goals (please include your reason of interest in working at California Northstate University)
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three (3) professional references
Please send application materials to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, or California Northstate University, 9700 West Taron Drive, Elk Grove, CA 95757.
California Northstate University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please note that although the main campus for California Northstate University is located in Elk Grove, CA, this position is located at California Northstate University, College of Health Sciences, in Rancho Cordova, CA.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at California Northstate University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
9700 West Taron Dr.
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...