Recruitment & Admissions Operations Coordinator
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
- Oversees the coordination and management of admissions recruitment and outreach activities;
- Supervises and provides guidance to admissions recruiters;
- Acts as primary contact for all invitations for recruitment opportunities;
- Develops and manages annual recruitment and admissions events calendar;
- Tracks and reports on the status and trends of prospective students and applicants from recruitment to enrollment;
- Collects, organizes and analyzes data to develop informed strategies to meet goals;
- Coordinates recruitment and outreach efforts with recruitment team members;
- Works collaboratively with Advancement and Strategic Partnerships to develop marketing and branding materials;
- Engages with high school counselors and administrators to ensure adherence to admissions policies and procedures;
- Conducts orientations and info sessions;
- Conducts info sessions and presentations at high schools, community events, and similar requests;
- Represents the college at community events, presentations and forums;
- Advises prospective students and provides assistance through the admission process including; completion of the application, scheduling for Accuplacer testing, and general guidance on applying for financial aid and scholarship;
- Participates in and contributes to the coordination and execution of on and off-campus programs and events;
- In the absence of the Director, oversees the operations of the admissions office;
- Assists with all functions of the admissions office;
- Coordinates with Financial Aid, Student Success, Student Accounting, Records and Registration and other college departments to assist students with enrolling into the college;
- Participates in the interviewing and selection of new staff;
- Addresses, identifies solutions, and resolves escalated issues that may arise in the admissions office;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Applies a working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations; verifies documents for completeness and compliance.
- As a requirement of this position, Baltimore City Community College will expect the incumbent to provide and be evaluated on the effective delivery of services through evening and weekend coverage, providing coverage at off-campus sites as deemed necessary, cross-training in related functions to support operational efficiency, provide as appropriate instruction and or instructional support in a manner that best enhances student learning and success.
- Bachelors in Business, Marketing, Higher Education or related fields;
- Three (3) years of higher education experience;
- Three (3) years of working in admissions or higher education recruitment experience;
- Prior supervisory experience;
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing;
- Able to provide training to staff on the functional procedures of the admissions office;
Masters preferred in Business, Marketing, Higher Education or related fields;
Five (5) years of working in Admissions experience
Fluency in Spanish second language both orally and in writing;
Experience working in high paced environments;
Experience recruiting within an urban setting;
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...