Digital Media Coordinator
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview of position: Summary of position’s responsibilities:
The Digital Media Coordinator is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of BCCC’s digital media including social media profiles on all platforms, website content, and internal and external newsletters. The incumbent will develop strategies and tactics to penetrate new markets in order to increase brand awareness to a diverse audience. The Digital Media Coordinator is also responsible for short video production, digital image editing, designing page layouts, crafting engaging social media posts, and creating social media reports using platform-specific analytics.
Knowledge, Skills and, Ability:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Superior time management;
- Ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution and customer service principles;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and make decisions without supervision;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms;
- Ability to manage and integrate content and its public presentation throughout the college and beyond;
- Ability to manage an information pipeline to successfully provide content for internal and some external outlets;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Knowledge of social media analytics;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for positive and effective communication with a diverse population;
- This position will develop and manage internal and external communications to disseminate information about the College in order to establish a strong brand awareness of the College’s initiatives, programs, and impact to a wide audience.
- Plans and sets goals for media campaigns;
- Develops brand awareness and online reputation;
- Responsible for search engine optimization and generation of inbound traffic;
- Coordinates the development of social media campaigns in order to promote college activities, special events and programs;
- Manages content for newsletters, website, social media, internal/external calendar items, and other assigned communication materials by all associated deadlines;
- Works closely with student leadership groups to amplify on-campus activities and issues;
- Conducts research in order to identify social media trends and other relevant topics in order to create informative and engaging social media posts;
- Engages new audiences for social media;
- Measures and analyzes key performance indicators to establish an ROI.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or related field
- Three (3) years related experience in a communications/ marketing type role or related position;
- Documented experience creating digital content via email and social channels;
- Experience coordinating and managing multiple projects and deadlines;
- Five (5) year experience in related position
- Experience in higher education or non-profit in related field
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...